Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Living in Canada with UK income

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AD196923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living in Canada with UK income
    Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 6:05am
Hi all

I have a uk based property portfolio that now brings me in sufficient monies to live on. I am keen on moving to canada and am unsure which route i should take. I cannot find anything about moving to canada where you have a uk based income that will not cease when you move. The income will be be able to sustain me when i move and I'm hoping to eventually set up a business in canada.
Does anyone know which visa route would be best for me? Is it possible to simply move to canada because of this income. I know I'm in a very fortunate position so finding information has been a bit difficult. Any help would be much appreciated. 

BTW - we're looking to move to BC - any help or comments would also be appreciated.

Thanks 

Adrian Smile SmileSmile

Looking to get to Canada ASAP!
Harrikon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 3:37am
It does not make a difference which province you want to live in (unless it is Quebec). 

As for immigration based on existing funds, I dont think you can come and live here simply based on the fact that you have a steady income. 

You will have to qualify under one of the other categories:
1. Family based migration: Are you married to a Canadian? 
2. Skilled migration: Do you have a permanent job in Canada or do you have any recognized skill set that can get you such a job?
3. Investor/entrepreneur visas: These visas are very difficult to get as you have to convince multiple people that your business model works and is good for Canada. Even if your idea is approved, the quota available for these visas is minuscule. You may have to wait up to 5-6 years for this visa to come through. Government regulation changes all the time, so be aware. 

And if it is the case that you do not want to work,  do not want to invest/start a business in Canad, do not want to settle here and do not want to go through the complicated system to settle here, you can simply come and live here as a "Temporary foreign resident". You can apply for a 5 year (or more) visa and live here on your income. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic