Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Young Professional Visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeanneCarroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young Professional Visa
    Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 5:56pm
HI!

I came to Canada in June 2014 from Ireland under the IEC- working holiday Visa for 2 years.

I have been working with the same company since I arrived and I would love to stay for longer but not apply for PR as I don't think I have enough time and I also haven't been in the one position in my company for 12 months.

I have 2 friends that both came here on the same initial visa landing in late 2013. They both applied for the young professional visa with a letter of employment from their employers. At first they were both refused but reapplied and got accepted.

I have just done the same for 2016 season. I received my invite on the 21st December and submitted everything on January 4th and today it got refused because I had already entered canada on a 2 year visa.

The system has changed entirely this year and I am wondering, before I try to reapply is there any point? I know it worked for both of my friends last year when they reapplied but does my refusal have something to do with the year I entered Canada?

Also, if not this route and not PR are there any other options for me to stay a year or 2 more? My company are completely behind me!

Thanks a million for anyone's advice!

Leanne
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:36pm
Hi

Originally posted by LeanneCarroll LeanneCarroll wrote:

HI!

I came to Canada in June 2014 from Ireland under the IEC- working holiday Visa for 2 years.

I have been working with the same company since I arrived and I would love to stay for longer but not apply for PR as I don't think I have enough time and I also haven't been in the one position in my company for 12 months.

I have 2 friends that both came here on the same initial visa landing in late 2013. They both applied for the young professional visa with a letter of employment from their employers. At first they were both refused but reapplied and got accepted.

I have just done the same for 2016 season. I received my invite on the 21st December and submitted everything on January 4th and today it got refused because I had already entered canada on a 2 year visa.

The system has changed entirely this year and I am wondering, before I try to reapply is there any point? I know it worked for both of my friends last year when they reapplied but does my refusal have something to do with the year I entered Canada?

Also, if not this route and not PR are there any other options for me to stay a year or 2 more? My company are completely behind me!

Thanks a million for anyone's advice!

Leanne

1. I think that you would be wasting your time, you would not be eligible for young professionals.
2. Only those that received a 1 year IEC previously are eligible for a 2nd 2 year IEC. You received a 2 year IEC, so you are not eligible as you found out.

From CIC

"Note: As an Irish citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category. "
PMM
jfoontheblock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfoontheblock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 2:11pm
I am in the same position as you and was advised to apply for young professional. Did you have any luck?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic