Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work permit processing time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antomagesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work permit processing time
    Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:05am
Hi,

I have submitted a work permit application (LMIA Exempt) in the Chennai Visa Application Centre (VFS) office, India.

Are there anyone who have applied work permit from India.If so how long did it take to process your visa? I am asking this because when I applied at the visa Application Centre (VFS) they told me it would take 20 working days.
When the days got longer I raised a query to the embassy and they stated the processing time is 2 months. In my situation, 2 months will be over by this week.

I have found online that if the normal processing time is exceeded I can raise a query to the Embassy.

I am wondering, whether all the work permit applications are taking this long, or since this December & January has some holidays, the application processing taking longer time.

Have anyone got your application delayed than the processing time (as per CIC website). If so, have you raised a query, and how did the embassy respond.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Regards, Anto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic