Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-departure orientation & seminar

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Do i have to attend PDOS?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhebz27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-departure orientation & seminar
    Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 12:40pm
hi!
I am scheduled to leave for canada 3 1/2 weeks from now under spousal visa. my problem is that when i got my visa i was told to attend the Pre Departure Orientation Seminar or  known as (PDOS) and get the  OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate. i called the POEA so many times i even went there to inquire about it, but i got the same answer that: "i dont need the PDOS and OEC because i dont have a working contract from canada or im not even direct hired.

my concern is that in my passport, the visa that was issued to me  by the canadian embassy here in the philippines is "worker or category W1" (and in my approval letter it was stated there open-work permit).and im afraid that on the day of my departure, that we'll be hold at the immigration since i dont have the PDOS & OEC, and i have that "worker" in my visa.
i even did some phone inquiry at the immigration department in NAIA and was told that they cant decide since they haven't seen my docs. i hope somebody out there can help me with this concern, or if they have idea about this kind of situation. Thank you and God Bless!

bhebz27
bhebz27
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:07pm
Probably to late to answer this one however YES, you are required to attend the PDOS and/or Peer Counselling Seminar in order to get your CFO sticker in your passport before departing the Philippines.
If you do not have the CFO sticker in your passport you may be denied entry in the airport.
The seminar takes 1/2 day up to a full day and has a fee of Php400

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic