Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A must see movie dealing with immigration.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A must see movie dealing with immigration.
    Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:16am
The Proposal

Go rent it, buy it, or download it.
It will definitely take the stress off what everyone is going through with immigration.

When I downloaded it I had no idea what it was about but it was about a Canadian trying to avoid deportation from America by marrying her assistant. Believe me it was funny.

At the end they have to go through a couple interview and one part she was like "What does a poptart have to do with my relationship?" Lol. Then the guy she was with was like "What is this? A game show." So true right?

Too funny. I know this wasn't a thread about immigration help but I figured you and your partner would enjoy watching this. It helps you see the humor in such a stressful thing like immigration.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
Can_Zim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Can_Zim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:31am
another good one is 'under the same moon' (i think that's the name of it).  it deals with the impact of american immigration policies on mexican families.  i cried through the whole thing but it's one that everyone should see. esp. those with no idea how immigation stuff affects people's lives. 
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:46am
I watched this a few weeks ago. It really is very funny.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:49pm
Not a movie, but it's on right now...

Friends: The One With All the Haste
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Can_Zim Can_Zim wrote:

another good one is 'under the same moon' (i think that's the name of it).  it deals with the impact of american immigration policies on mexican families.  i cried through the whole thing but it's one that everyone should see. esp. those with no idea how immigation stuff affects people's lives. 

I will definitely take a look at that. Wink
But I don't think I want to cry today.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
Torri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 8:25pm
There is also "Crossing over" deals with several different situations.
mingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:37am
I really didn't like the proposal that much. If anything, I found myself getting a little pxxed off. My husband was denided his visa because they beleive ours was a MOC and here we have a movie that is about 2 people getting married for a green card. Maybe I was just not in the right mind set when I watched it... but I did find the whole dog/cell phone/hawk thing rather funny....
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:09am
mingus, I'm with you on that one - someday in the distant future maybe it would be funny, but I don't expect to live too long after 100 :-)
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:29am
I saw the Proposal...it was funny...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic