Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eligibility Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eligibility Advice
    Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 6:54am
Hello,

As per express entry eligibility questionnaire ' I can apply with Spouse'. As per points calculator, I earn 347 points without spouse and 329 points with spouse ( No job offer in Canada). 

I am about to get married, should I apply before wedding or after? If possible I would like to take my spouse with me. How long we have to wait for dependent visa if applied alone?  

Your advice will be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Kashmira  
planner_melg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planner_melg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 12:10pm
In fact i really want any one explain that complex point. I am very sorry i don't know. 
Melg
Kashmira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 12:58am
That's alright.. thanks for your revert
KRM67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KRM67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:11pm
This is the reply received by someone who was getting his passport renewed before going for landing.  

I believe the reply addresses your situation as well and I think it would be better for you to apply for immigration after your marriage as in any case you will need to modify the application later to include your spouse.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

Please refer to below email for your information.

If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas.  In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions:  (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- There is a processing fee associated with this service, please see the CIC website for fees and payment instructions

- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child

- A completed Schedule A  Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form  completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child

- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse 
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired 
-  four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse  and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself. 
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (seehttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants

- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications 

- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child

- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application. 

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Sincerely,
KRM67
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic