Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extending work permit at 30 years old?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pip_kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extending work permit at 30 years old?
    Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 2:06pm
Hi, I'm from Australia and currently living in Toronto. I got engaged to a Canadian girl back in Oz and came back with her to live here for a while. I must say I am absolutely loving this amazing country!!! Anyway I arrived on a 2 year work visa, however, when immigration went to approve it I only had 1 year worth of health insurance and they could only validate 1 year worth of permit on the spot. At the time it wasn't the biggest deal as I thought we would be heading back to Australia by then, but now we are going to stay. 

I turn 30 at the end of December 2015 and my work permit is till August 2016. I understand that I have to apply within 30 days of the visa ending, but no where can I find what it says about applying at 30 years old.  Do I have do this before I turn 30? Or because I will already be working in the country will be ok? I tried to find info online but couldn't see anything that would fit this case specifically. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance
cb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic