Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Decision made" on PR before sponsorship approved?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Decision made" on PR before sponsorship approved?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddmentandtweak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Decision made" on PR before sponsorship approved?
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:15pm
Hi everyone. First time posting on this forum. My partner and I both live in Canada now though we submitted through the Outside Canada stream-  our application was received Aug 8th.

I'm hoping someone can help me understand my online status. My portion, the sponsorship app, began processing Aug 8th. It has stayed as "in process" ever since then. My partner's PR app began processing Sept 17th, with his medical results being received a month or so after. His has recently changed to "decision made". We are very confused as we thought that a decision had to be made on my sponsorship before his PR. I read the explanations of the different statuses, and it looks like "decision made" can also just mean that a decision has been made on his medical? It's all very strange. We intend to try to call tomorrow but it is very hard to get through, so I wanted to try my luck with others going through the process.

Thanks! :)
lisafisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:31pm
From what I remembered Decision Made was awesome news, and it had to do with the application as a whole. I believe me as the sponsored got the results first and not my sponsor. Not 100% sure though since it was awhile ago!
Natty11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natty11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 11:04am
I'm in the same boat!!! My husband and I did outland sponsorship as he lives in Canada and I live in the US. Two days ago, the PR status online changed from 'in-process' to 'decision made,' but it does not provide any additional information. When I click on 'decision made' it gives this same breakdown:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 5, 2014.
  2. We started processing your application on February 16, 2015.
  3. Medical results have been received.
I'm not sure what to make of this. Should I just wait to receive something in the mail? I'm not sure if the application is approved and the suspense is driving us crazy. Does anyone have any insight?
TheNewARA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNewARA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 2:42pm
Hi!

I'm brand new to this forum but I read your post from November 2015. Have you had any news from CIC?

I submitted the sponsorship application for my wife to CIC in mid July. In September we received an email from CIC saying I had been approved as a sponsor and our file was beint sent to the appropriate visa office. My wife did an upfront medical so shortly after the files reached the visa office, the "medical results have been received" notice came up. We received a request from CIC for further documentation on November 11th and I provided that immediately. I checked the website at the end of December and the status says "decision made" for the permanent residence application but no further notices have been posted since the notice that they requested additional information. 

We aren't sure what this means so if you've had any further communications with CIC since November, have they been positive? What does it mean?

Thanks!
lcgar3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 10:56am
Dear Sir,

Has CIC contacted you yet after the "decision made"?

Hopefully you have received good news by now.

If you have received your Visa, can you tell me the total number of months from the first contact from them?

Thank you, Leon in Vancouver

Leon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic