Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

landing visa "cancelled without prejudice"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carriesyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: landing visa "cancelled without prejudice"
    Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 9:07pm
Hi guys,

I received my landing visa in August as a dependent of my spouse. Our plan is for him to go back to his home country and come back next January, when he will enter as a landed immigrant. and I will only be able to land after he did so. However, my current work permit expires at the end of this year, and when he lands next January and I go through the process after him, I won't get my PR card until probably April, leaving me no valid visa to re-enter Canada. and since I travel a lot for work, I had to apply for a new work permit in order for me to have a valid visa for the first few months of next year. 

Now, I got my new entry visa, however, my land visa is stamped "cancelled without prejudice". What should I do now? Is there anywhere I can appeal for this case and ask for the visa to be re-issued?

Thanks!

Edited by carriesyh - 30 Oct 2015 at 10:11pm
Harrikon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:23am
You need to contact a good immigration lawyer ASAP. I have never heard of PR visas being cancelled before. 

Your explanation seems a little unclear. What visa did you have earlier? What visa were you issued later?
Do you have PR status?
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 5:08am
It seems that the poster is on a working visa in Canada.

Then they received a dependent PR visa, but instead of the whole family traveling to the U.S. border and landing, they chose to create this mess.

One of the possibilities is that PR visa has not actually been canceled in the system, but the person who put the new counterfoil in the passport stamped it by mistake.

Anyway, my suggestion for the topic starter is to go back to CIC, clarify if the PR visa had indeed been canceled, and if it has been, ask to have it reinstated and land right away together with the spouse without regard to any travel plans they might have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic