Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crossing the border frequently and staying 6 mths
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crossing the border frequently and staying 6 mths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USorno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossing the border frequently and staying 6 mths
    Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 11:35pm
As an American, I am currently in Alberta and my 6 months stay as a visitor is about to expire. I want to either work or visit Canada again next year around April for 6 months, but start the first 3-4 months of the year living in Washington state, having frequent visits to Vancouver (where he works). Will I be able to stay in Canada as a visitor again for 6 months if I have frequently taken trips to Vancouver starting next year? Hopefully they will let me stay for another 6 months since it is a new year  Confused  !

Edited by USorno - 25 Oct 2015 at 11:40pm
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 12:50pm
Impossible for us to say. It's all up to the CBSA agent you speak to when you try to re-enter Canada. They could let you in for 6 months, let you in for a shorter period of time, or refuse you entry completely. Generally you want to be spending more time outside of Canada than inside in any given year to look like a genuine tourist (but this is not a hard fast rule). Again, impossible to say.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
jzade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:43am
A permit will be needed to work in Canada
Jas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic