Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Canadian immigration matters for new applicants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian immigration matters for new applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 62636465>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote val Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:32am
"Wisdom begins in wonder" Socrates
prakarsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prakarsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:19am
file sent to sydney intake 30/4/11
file recieved 5/5/11
received letter of positive confirmation 18 th june
received acknowledgement of receipt of file and file no stating maximum 10months in finalization on 9/8/11 
funty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 3:52am
hi all,
could you tell me to what address the university transcript be addressed??
would it be the CIO, sydney, canada or the visa office serving my country
Funty
alokgupta1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alokgupta1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:30pm
Hi

I have a small query. My relative is applying for skilled worker program in NOC Code 1122 which is filling very fast. He has all the required documents and his application is complete accept one document which is IELTS Score. He has given the IELTS exam and has seen the score (7.5 bands) on the IELTS website but the physical copy of test score will take 4-5 days to reach him.

We were wondering if it is possible to send a self attested print out of the online test score for our application to be considered in the queue and then when we receive the original test score we can send it again.

A quick reply is appreciated because time is ticking fast.
surender.vanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surender.vanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:42pm
Dear Expert,

I am an IT professional. Currently in India. I had been to US and were there for an year on L1 VISA. After that I came back and applied for student VISA to do MBA. I got the VISA, but when I went to US, at the port of Entry(POE), I were sent back, as I went to a different state. I came back and tried for VISA couple of times again. However, I didnt get Visa. Now I am working in an IT company for an US Client. Client wants me to come onsite on project work for short time, so I applied for B1 Visa from my company. But even that got rejected, Embossy Officer, said that, you appeared for student visa couple of times, and it was rejected, now looks like you are checking your luck with B1, which was not the case with me.

I have no intention of applying for it anymore. But our company is still processing H1 for me, they concerned with an attorney, providing my full case details. I hope I would get it, but looking at current scenario, I doubt on it.

So I am thinking of plannig for Canada, rather than wasting time in waiting for these things. My question is, will these refusals of US impact anything when I apply for Canada. I have some code written on my passport last page, when it got rejected at POE in US.

I appreciate you reading this post and replying it... Thanks for your patience reading it.
Hope I will get positive reply for me.

Thanks
 Surender
surender
Lafortienza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafortienza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 12:03am
Same concern with the guy who posted above. I just want to know if a person who successfully acquired a Permanent resident visa for canada loses it due to failing to commit to the 2 to 5 year stay obligation, would he or she still be able to apply for a new permanent resident visa next time around, or will CIC take notice of the bad record and fail them to get one?
Duke Kollyberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Kollyberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:09pm
Hello everyone,

Please how long can processing documents like transcript etc be to still be valid for application.

My concern is because I have recieved some documents since march last year but now wondering if I can still use the same ones or not.

Your response will be very much appreciated

Thank you
Duke Kollyberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Kollyberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:12pm
Hello everyone,

Please how long can processing documents like transcript etc be to still be valid for application.

My concern is because I have recieved some documents since march last year but now wondering if I can still use the same ones or not.

Your response will be very much appreciated

Thank you
eastclif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastclif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:37pm
Hello - I have what may seem a strange question. It's related to someone born outside of Canada being asked to provide proof of citizenship or permanent resident status by an overseas university, in order to receive discounted fees for distance education. The institution offers these lower fees to Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.

I've tried to find the answer to my question online, but not having much luck. Some people I know, who are Canadian citizens, and stated same on their application, have been asked for proof. None have claimed to be a PR, but PR is enough to meet the qualification for the fee discount.  All of them have been living in Canada since at least 2004, and in some cases much longer (up to 25 yrs), studying and/or working (ie study then work, or study and work at the same time) without any gaps. As it's expensive a copy of their passport notarized, I'm thinking that based on their CV, it's not possible for them to be anything other than a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?  I don't think it is possible that a person can be here that long on any kind of study visa or work permit.  Am I right or wrong? This is based on the assumption that their CV is truthful and verified by letters from employers.
kamaljitsingh76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamaljitsingh76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 9:56am
Dear Expert,
Dear Friends,
I have done my 3 years Apprenticeship (full time)from Siemens in 1997.Also i have done diploma in Industrial Electronics (Part time) (18 hours weekly)from somaiya polytechnic, Mumbai.I am thinking of applying for PR.Can any one let me know how are my chances of getting visa when i am applying for NOC 7242. Presently working with Siemens as senior executive. I have over 10 years of experience in electrical maintenance & projects(programming of PLC's ; etc.)Kindly advice me.
Thanks & Regards
Kamaljit Singh
Kamaljit Singh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 62636465>
  Share Topic