Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Canadian immigration matters for new applicants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian immigration matters for new applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 65>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minturi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 2:50pm
Thank you pakcanadian....
nnaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 6:17pm
Thank you for the generous help.
My brother wants to apply for Canadian immigration ..from overseas.. he is a Graphic designer with bachelor degree and has 4 year of work experience, his specialty is animation and multimedia , we could not figure out which category or class would he fall into  on the immigration application ?

Also is there a checklist available of all documents and steps needed to apply for the immigration ?
In a step wise fashion.
He may also need help when he arrives in Canada and will be happy to have your assistance

NNAZ
dirty_diana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirty_diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 6:21pm
Hello Sir,
First of all thank you for proving us newbies solid answers to our questions.

I need to find clarification about an issue regarding work and the NOC, i was working as a home tutor in ABA (Applied behaviour analysis) for approx a year in Canada in 2007. I believe this to be under the NOC as college or other vocational instructor. I have no degree in this field but i was fulling trained. Am i correct that it is one of the NOC38?
I intend on trying to find arranged employment in this field again to help me obtain a visa. How do i know if the job is goverment approved?

Any infomation regarding this would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards,

DD.
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 11:32pm
nnaz,

At this point, Graphic Designers are not listed on NOC 38 list of qualifying occupations making him ineligible to apply. However, he might be qualified as Vocational Instructor or trainer if he had the relevant experience.

2nd optiOn would be to obtain a positive AEO (Arranged Employment Opinion) from a Canadian employer to overcome NOC 38 limitation.

3rd option would be PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) where he can find a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer.

If you need case specific info, I would need to see the updated resume of your brother.

Bash

Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 11:38pm

dirty diana,

In order for me to fully understand your case specific situation, please be specific about your work experience as home tutor. Were you self-employed or working for any community agency as a permanent full-time employee or a contract employee?

Second what do you exactly mean by "fully trained"

Third, what do u mean by government approved?

Bash

minturi5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minturi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 1:29am
Dear PakCanadian,
I have 2 more queries.
1)In the last 10 years, I have 5 years experience under NOC 7242. From the last 5 years I am working as an Instrumentation and Control Engineer. At present the NOC 2133 is not listed in the 38 eligible FSW occupations list.
Shall I specify the NOC 2133 (Instrumentation Engineer) under my job description in IMM0008 Schedule-3?

2) I got the following scores in IELTS GT in May 2007
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Writing 6
Speaking 6
Overall band score 6.5
and I don't have French language ability.
How many points I can claim in this section? Is my 2007 results still valid if I apply in 2010?

Thank you for your great job.

dirty_diana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirty_diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 5:20am
Hello again Sir,

I was not self employed. I answered an advert from a man who had 2 children with autism who had a program running form his home with several tutors for both children and a consultant, the program was goverment funded. I was trained by two other tutors who were qualified instructors. I was not under any contract, i worked there for approx a year, part time.

When i said goverment approved i meant, HRSDC approval...because i may have to find work in a home environment again rather than in school.

Thank you, let me know if you need anymore information.

Mebss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mebss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 7:28am
 HI I am Meheboob i have send my PR Application to Sydney CIO , The courier was recieved by them on 29th april but i have not recieved any confirmation from them, now it has been 7th week what do i do whom should i contact regarding the same .

Please provide me the Contact no or fax no of Sydney, Canada. CIO

Please help me i have no idea whom to contact.
Thanks in advance for your help.

God bless.
Mehboob
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:01am
Mebss,

CIO, NS is currently processing applications received upto April 9th, 2010 with 8-10 weeks processing time. U got to wait another few weeks.

Bash
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:27am
minturi5,

I would like to see your updated and detailed resume to address any further questions.

Bash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 65>
  Share Topic