Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Canadian immigration matters for new applicants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian immigration matters for new applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 65>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian immigration matters for new applicants
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:11pm
Hello folks,

I am a certified Canadian immigration consultant, member of CSIC & FCMI, with over 14 years of experience in the immigration fieldWink.  I manage a wide range of immigration applications (visitor/work/student/temporary resident permits, spousal/family sponsorship, skilled workers, CEC, PNP, PRRA applications, business class, H&C, IAD appeals, detention reviews, etc) from client acquisition to CIC decision.  I would be pleased to answer some of your questions on this forum, as well as provide you with professional immigration services and consultations via Skype or meet with you in person in my Toronto office. 

Please don't hesitate to post your queryThumbs Up.

Edited by Immigration Expert - 13 Jan 2010 at 12:28am
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
vijji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:32pm

Here you go with your first queryWink

When i am trying to post my application package to central intake office novascotia what all do i mail, is a covering letter necessary at this point????
Hey IE thanq for ur help in advance
cheers
vijji
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:52pm
Hi Vijji,

If you are applying under the SWC you should complete and include the document checklist. For more info please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF If you wish to provide CIC with more information or your situation is in need for some explanation, you may also include your cover letter. 

I hope I answered your query.  Good luck!Smile

Immigration Expert

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:46pm
Hi,

My question to you is that if I am providing a written proof of english proficiency instead of test results, what are it's chances of being accepted. Pls note that I would have attached all necessary proofs to Sydney, CIO.
Do we have to submit proofs to Sydney in the first place? Or does it come in the second set of docs to be sent. I would appreciate your response on this?
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 4:47pm
Hi Angel,

You don't have to submit your IELTS language results/proofs with your initial application as there is no such requirement.  Please follow http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF CIC and/or CAN Embassy will notify you when your results are required. With respect to your second question: if you don't submit your IELTS results, it's up to a visa officer to assess your language skills agianst Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000, which might not be in your favour (www.language.ca for Canadian Language Benchmarks). Please note that at the time of submitting your first set of docs (initial application) you are required to disclose and assess your English skills. 

More info:
If the applicant provides a written explanation and supporting documentation in lieu of test results, officers must assess it against the Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000, and/or the Standards Linguistiques Canadiens 2006. IRPR S.79(2) establishes the following equivalencies between the four proficiency levels and the Canadian Language Benchmarks.

I hope it helps. Good luck!Smile

Immigration Expert

DISCLAIMER
Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:26pm
Thanks for this info...

Angel
khalid h View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khalid h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:16pm
Hi expert
I am going to submit full docs to CHC soon,
In my application form had some printing mistakes, like in history date of residence at an adress and minor difference in the name of my son, shall I correct them now and send a new application form with corrections ?

Another problem is I dont have a birth certificate  for me, before 1970 birth registration was not compulsory in Pakistan it seems, but my national ID, Passport, Secondary school certificate all of them bear the date of birth, is that enough ?

thanks
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:01am
HI IE,

I am FSW Fast track applicant and waiting for my medicals.. and i send my documents on 13 july 09 and its toooooo late.. as per norms.. so i am little worried.. what is ur opinion

i check and recheck my application status repeated and calculate my points as well..

one concern these days really pinching me..and i am putting situation in front of u...

kindly calculate my points of EXPERIENCE...i write all the three NOC in my application... tell me how they calculate my experiance no.. either it is 19 or 21 or something else

0111   ---  1 year 10 months
1111   ---  1 year 4 months
1212  ----  4 year 9 monhts

all these designations i enjoy in the same company and in one job tenure...i work for this company for about 8 years...

one more thing..although i feel i make burden on u... u know most of the muslims put MUHAMMAD before their first name usually.. so is the case with me... but the problem is that in my educational certificates Mohammad Imran and in some only Imran... does it make any sort of complecation.. although in my CNIC and on Passport My name is Muhammad Imran.. i want your expert opion in this regards....

thankz

Edited by imran01 - 10 Dec 2009 at 8:04am
Johnday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:45am
Hi Expert,

I did my medical Exam on End of Nov. 2009 in Kuala Lumpur, When you think i can get the PPR?.
at time of getting the medical exam request is that mean the interview has been waived? is the background checking is over?

Regards,
gashe4 peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gashe4 peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:58am
Dear IE
First of all i wish to thank for your generous service.Really it is wonderful.
please i need your help badly!For this & other reasons my PR visa as SFW application has been returned.
I am now serving in one of Financial institution at Federal level. For the past 10 years i served in various Departments. Namely In Budget Department for>than 4 years;In Development project Department also for > than 4 years and now since last June,i am working in Development plan preparation & consolidation Department.
i have graduated in Accounting in Diploma;MSc in Accounting & Econ. and now i am now studying ACCA.
Please it's hard to me to give the right Code of NOC!!
hopefully hearing you soon.
Sincerely yours
Yohannes
YZHM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 65>
  Share Topic