Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intra-Company transfer work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antomagesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intra-Company transfer work permit
    Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 12:19pm
Hi,

I am working for a global organization headquartered at Switzerland. Currently I am working for the organization based in India. Recently the Canadian organization has offered me a job and I will be seeking an intra-company transfer work permit.

My Canadian Employer has already given me the offer of employment with LMIA exemption.

I have prepared all the necessary documents mentioned in the IMM5905E checklist.

I have thoroughly read the instruction guide IMM5487 in the CIC website. Yet I am not clear with the Visa application procedure. I have the following queries.

1) Do I have to notarize all the photocopies submitting along with the application?
2) My son is 4 yrs old, will I be needing to submit a study permit application for him?
3)After submission of the application, will there be a visa interview for me?
4) Will I need a medical certificate? If so, Can I submit an upfront medical certificate?

I am planning to visit my nearest visa application center in the 2nd week of November. It would be great if you could clarify my doubts and help in successful submission of application.

Thanks in advance.
Regards, Anto
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 1:23pm
Hi

Originally posted by Antomagesh Antomagesh wrote:

Hi,

I am working for a global organization headquartered at Switzerland. Currently I am working for the organization based in India. Recently the Canadian organization has offered me a job and I will be seeking an intra-company transfer work permit.

My Canadian Employer has already given me the offer of employment with LMIA exemption.

I have prepared all the necessary documents mentioned in the IMM5905E checklist.

I have thoroughly read the instruction guide IMM5487 in the CIC website. Yet I am not clear with the Visa application procedure. I have the following queries.

1) Do I have to notarize all the photocopies submitting along with the application?
2) My son is 4 yrs old, will I be needing to submit a study permit application for him?
3)After submission of the application, will there be a visa interview for me?
4) Will I need a medical certificate? If so, Can I submit an upfront medical certificate?

I am planning to visit my nearest visa application center in the 2nd week of November. It would be great if you could clarify my doubts and help in successful submission of application.

Thanks in advance.

1. I think you will find that you only have to submit either originals or copies, none require notarization.
2. No, he won't require a study permit, elementary school starts at the age of 6.
3. Depends whether the application is complete and your position is either executive or managerial or you applying for specialized knowledge. If it is specialized knowledge, then the company will have to demonstrate that the knowledge is specific to the company and can't be obtained in Canada.
4. Probably yes,

"You will need a medical exam if you:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months
        in one or more of these countries or territories
        in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.) or
PMM
Antomagesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antomagesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 11:13am
Hi,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

My work is based on Specialized Knowledge. So, will there be a visa interview?

Thanks again.
Regards, Anto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic