Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Express entry Immigration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepaktibhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Express entry Immigration
    Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 10:26pm
Hi All,

My IELTS band is 6.0(in each section)
I have 5 years of IT experience.My age is 28 years.My brother is in canada from last 6 months, he is holding PR.
But in express entry it seems it is taking too long time to process the application
Additionally there are many candidates having points 350-400 (without the job offer).
Can you please suggest what would be the best way to apply. 

Thanks
KimKim2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimKim2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 1:00am
Hi there! Though I have little insight as both my husband and I have JUST started the process. He will be doing the IELTS exam on Oct 24th. Though Express Entry is a long shot. It's worth trying. And  being that we have no family there, it's our only option.

Nonetheless, I recommend getting a visitor's visa and travel to visit your brother and make contact with an employer. If they agree to hire you, they can start the LMIA process and you's be able to reside in Canada under a work permit. After 1 year of continuous full-time work experience, you may apply for PR under CEC. 
Follow your dreams and Pray!
Nakul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nakul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 5:57pm
Hi, I have a question. I filled out my Express Entry Profile and It showed my points including my spouse education and IELTS score as 451. If I calculate my points alone without my spouse, I would get 454.  The draw Cut off for October 2nd 2015 is 450. I got an ITA this morning with score 454. I am confused how my score 451 is changed to 454?? Can I proceed with my application process??? I am seeing the Following message on the invite. Does that mean I can proceed with my application and include my wife details in the application. even if it recalculates the score, our score will be 451 which is above the minimum points for this draw. Can any one who got ITA along with spouse share their experience. Thanks in advance.
Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score
before you decide to apply for permanent residence. To find out how to re-calculate your score, see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
IMM 5791 (05-2015) E GCMS (DISPONIBLE EN FRANÇAIS - IMM 5791 F)
If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to
apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation
to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry
Viprewind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viprewind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 10:28pm
You should be fine. Once the score is above 450 which is minimum u should be fine.
Mariaca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mariaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 1:20pm
Hi AllBig smile:
I am new in the forum, this will seems like a very common question.
I am trying to understand if I have the 67 points for the visa, so I have some questions about:

1)      How much points I have for my Bacherlor degree, I am software engineer? I didnt understand well from the official web page.
2)      Proof of founds: According to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp  it is clear how much money I need, but it is not clear if I have to have this money into my account for 1 year? Or some period of time? Even if this says “when you apply to immigrate..”, but that is all ?
3)      English, if I get a CLB 7 I’ll get 16 points right?
4)      Do I need to search for specific CLB test or by doing the IELTS is enough?

Thanks !
Mariaca
Canada Abroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada Abroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 8:21am
I agree, once the score is above 450 you should be fine.
Silly2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silly2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:22am
Hello!

I am planning to move to Canada early next year and am trying to figure out everything that I need to do so. I have US citizenship so I'm not sure if I need a visa to move there. I'm pretty sure I'll need a work visa but I'm not sure how to get one. If you could give me any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Jai_guruji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jai_guruji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 2:46am
I am working for the bank in india and need to get the work permit in canada but do not have the job offer from canada. Please advise
Regards,
Jitender Bhatia
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 2:14pm
Hi

Originally posted by Silly2015 Silly2015 wrote:

Hello!

I am planning to move to Canada early next year and am
trying to figure out everything that I need to do so. I have US
citizenship so I'm not sure if I need a visa to move there. I'm pretty
sure I'll need a work visa but I'm not sure how to get one. If you could
give me any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

1. Sorry, you just can't move. You need to obtain a Permanent Resident visa, if you qualify for one.
2. YOu should read the information on express entry here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp You should also determine your eligibility for any of the programs first: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp
PMM
aquilotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquilotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 6:24am
Hello,

The points Calculator system is changed, the Express Entry Program is a little different, but the requirements are the same as they were before, 
Education (have your education Assessed by a Canadian Institute, such as WES) 
Language ability (give your IELTS exam)
Work Experience (at least one year full time employment)

There are a lot of web pages were you can calculate if you qualify:
http://www.immigration.ca/index.php/en/who-qualifies-for-canadian-immigration-under-the-skilled-worker-program
http://www.ruichenlaw.com/eecalc/
http://www.visasavenue.com/canada/canada-express-entry-points-calculator/

about the money. you must have around 12.000 CAD, in your account if you are applying alone. 
1$11,931
2$14,853
3$18,260
4$22,170
5$25,145
6$28,359
7 or more$31,574
It is best for you if you proof that those money were in your account for at least 6 months. But for what I know there is no rule about this.

regarding to language Test, it is enough if you give the IELTS exam, they convert automatically IELTS scores into CLB. (note: you must have at least 6.0 Score in each Section)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic