Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland March/April/May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 103>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 12:49pm
It's interesting to see their figures over the year but what I'd really be interested in seeing is a recent year's month to month progress. Maybe it would give us a better insight into their processing times oppose to what their are posting now. 67 days pft
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:35pm
I think 67 days is a worst-case scenario.  I'm holding out for faster :)  but -- if it takes 67 days, it takes 67 days.  Anything before then is a bonus.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:53pm
Umm, well I think the whole lot is screwed, in 3 weeks it hasnt changed from Feb 11th, just the days gone up according to the dates.

I think someone forgot to update it, maybe not, maybe its a government vacation.

Still like Harmonia says, when it happens it happens, I mean whats the point in it taking 1 day in Mississauga if it takes 12 months in your embassy, and thats not really something you can get even a rough guidline from.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 2:01pm
Even so - the processing guidelines are for cases processed last year... and they are 'average' processing times.  It's a crapshoot.

SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 11:54pm
Good evening everyone.

My wife and I can now officially start our timeline since our package to CPC-M finally went out today. Thumbs Up

I must admit that I never thought it would be so difficult to prepare this, and so time consuming also (probably didn't help that I'm a perfectionist.. hehe), but we're so happy that it's done and we can now enter the waiting process.  I feel 5lbs lighter now (yep I weighed it) since I don't have to carry around all that paperwork anymore with me everyday. Wink  We will anxiously await the results over the next few months because I won't be able to go back to the Phils until then to be reunited with her.  Our case is pretty straight forward - no dependants, no health issues, no prior marriages or common law relationships, an 8 year age difference (31-39), no criminal pasts - so we're really hoping that our DM will happen within the 6 month average (for the Phils).  I wouldn't want her to have to land right in the middle of our Canadian winter.. hehe. LOL

Good luck to everyone who are already playing the waiting game.

4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 1:12am
all the best steelace
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 11:44am
Welcome SteelAce!  Godspeed on your application!
eastcoastgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastcoastgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 4:59pm
Until I sent in my Application I was the most laid back person around.  I couldn't understand why everyone else in this situation was so anxious and worrying about the process.

NOW, I am a bag of nerves...obsessive even. I find myself constantly online reading posts on these Immigration Forums. Looking for answers, or any information that might make me feel better about teh whole thing.  Unfortunately reading all of these posts has just made me even more anxious.

Good luck to you all and with any luck we will all be together with our families SOON!

06/22/09:Married in Santo Domingo
04/22/10:Application received in Mississauga.
06/01/10:Approved to sponsor
07/16/10:In process (can finally log on e-cas on 21st)
07/30/10:AOR rec'd in mail
daz deman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daz deman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 7:55am
Well after lots of preparation, I finally submitted the application to sponsor my wife.

I sure hope it is all done before my sons are 2 yrs old so I can save on airfare. But I am not too hopeful it will be done prior to the end of October.

Hope everyone gets processed swiftly.

Cheers

Daz
rec'd CPC-M 4/22/10
spon aprd 7/06/10
letr appv 7/12
MNL start7/13/10
PPR sent 7/15
Pass rec'd MNL 7/26
Snt docs 9/19/10
Snt docs 19/1/2011
DM 22/2/2011
Visa Received 22/2/11
Med expr 4/15/20
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:04pm
We received your application to sponsor ME on March 31, 2010.
We sent you a letter on April 30, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

So all being well, this week it should be off to London. The timelines are wrong, this got there March 29th and they have opened it already, yet the site still says they are processing Feb 17th.

And the fact that it shows up on a Sunday afternoon shows what a load of bollox the whole information process from CIC is.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 103>
  Share Topic