Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland March/April/May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 103>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 1:02pm
Anyone got any updates?
Nothing for me - but I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while yet.... :)
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:13pm
Nope nothing, then again I'm a week after you lol.

It would be interesting to know what the CPC-M has as procedures for processing incoming applications. I know some are more complicated then others but the time frames from what you see on forums and what cic has on their website is so random.

Anyways hope someone gets some good news soon, I'm starting to think there is only one person processing these applications!!!
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:18pm
I found an interesting stats page on the number of immigrants to Canada by country.  In 2008 there were 29,336 from China alone.  And these are just the GRANTED applications.  I'm sure some countries have a huge workload!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2008/permanent/10.asp
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 3:01pm
CIC issues a "Facts & Figures" report every year on the status of new immigrants, students, etc.  It's quite interesting... and long.  It breaks them down into every category imgaineable (% of english speakers to french speakers to 'other' languages...   education levels,  by age, by gender)

It's quite a cool report - but at the same time, all it did for me was show that there are an awful lot of people that get PR status every year - which translates to a lot of applications...  and that doesn't include the applications they reject.
O_Canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O_Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 5:54pm

Hi

I am not sure why is taking longer than few months before .... I sent mine on March 16 th received March 18th I haven't heard anything yet .. called last week they said it's taking two months for the response on the Approvals ... eventhou I saw few getting their files done in less than a month ... probably a different procedure or just a luck.Clap
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 11:15pm
its not a different procedure but i guess its luck..depends on whose envelope they open first :)
zeeshee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeeshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:03am
I agree its all luck. My application was received on 17th Feb & approved on 15th mar while another guy whose application was received on 17th Feb is approved only today.. So its all LUCK :-)

AND the bigger wait is after approval when PR application starts processing :-(
Zeeshan Javaid
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:30am
Originally posted by javcil javcil wrote:

I found an interesting stats page on the number of immigrants to Canada by country.  In 2008 there were 29,336 from China alone.  And these are just the GRANTED applications.  I'm sure some countries have a huge workload!

surprisingly countries where the applications are more like for eg india the processing time is really quick and then countries for eg like singapore which get very few applications, the processing is really slow
O_Canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O_Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:12am
Originally posted by tanushree.tiku tanushree.tiku wrote:

Originally posted by javcil javcil wrote:

surprisingly countries where the applications are more like for eg india the processing time is really quick and then countries for eg like singapore which get very few applications, the processing is really slow

It's good to know things like that ... because we never get that info from any officer at the call service.. and for instance I have read on the cic web site for the sponsorship applications processing time for the first part, it takes 67 days instead of 56 days last months....( well I think that doesn't affect our friends from India SmileWink

thanks for the help guys
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 11:49am
Quote well I think that doesn't affect our friends from India

Eh? The timelines for the 67 days affect everyone they are the inland part of the outland process, though I personally suspect they are wrong seeing some of the timelines for the past month.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 103>
  Share Topic