Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 787788789790791 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
islandbabe View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:58pm
OHHH and a lot of the credential assessment agencies say they need original documents sent to them directly from the respective school. Wonder how well UWI/UTech will deal with thatConfused
sunnyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:01pm
Islandbabe UWI already does that, don't know about Utech though but if not they better get with it.

Calling RisKar...what a gwaan mi friend?
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:05pm
Good to know Sunny......It will be interesting to see if they ask you to send the credential assessment before or after you apply they will request it.....
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:05pm
Whew - I am releieved to hear that !!
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:10pm
Well i dont know if anyone in the forum like myself will be applying for MAy.....but all things remaining constant and I apply as planned and I will u guys in on every stage of the process and the challengies if and when they come ( Ms. Optimism Thumbs Up)
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:34pm
hmmmmm 

"Toronto, January 24, 2013 — Canada will launch a brand new program on April 1 to recruit innovative immigrant entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and spur economic growth, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

Our new Start-Up Visa will help make Canada the destination of choice for the world’s best and brightest to launch their companies,” said Minister Kenney. “Recruiting dynamic entrepreneurs from around the world will help Canada remain competitive in the global economy.

Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:39pm
More........

Quebec Amends List of Occupations for Facilitated Labour Market Opinion

Tuesday, 12 February 2013Category Other topics
< allowtransparency="true" border="0" scrolling="no" ="http://plat.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_.1360366574.#_=1360795084919&count=none&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canadavisa.com%2Fnews%2Fentry%2Fquebec-amends-list-of-occupations-for-facilitated-labour-market-opinion.&size=m&text=Quebec%20Amends%20List%20of%20Occupations%20for%20Facilitated%20Labour%20Market%20Opinion%20-%20Canadavisa%20News&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canadavisa.com%2Fnews%2Fentry%2Fquebec-amends-list-of-occupations-for-facilitated-labour-market-opinion." ="twitter-share- twitter-count-none" title="Twitter Tweet " -twttr-rendered="true" style="width: 56px; height: 20px; ">
The Government of Quebec announced yesterday that its list of occupations for the Facilitated Labour Market Opinion (FLMO) program has been amended. The FLMO is a provincial program that allows employers wishing to hire a foreign worker in a targeted profession obtain a positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) without needing to recruit in Canada.

A positive LMO is often required of employers before they may hire and pursue a Temporary Work Permit for a foreign worker. Normally, the process to secure an LMO contains a recruitment element. In Quebec, employers must advertise a position for a minimum of two weeks on the Emploi Quebec website. Depending on the nature of the job for which the LMO is sought, additional advertising may need to be pursued.

The FLMO allows employers to receive permission to hire a foreign worker while at the same time bypassing the time-consuming recruitment requirement. Individuals being hired in the following 44 fields may be eligible to apply to receive expedited processing under the FLMO:

RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by sunnyD sunnyD wrote:

Calling RisKar...what a gwaan mi friend?

Hi all.  Hey SunnyD.  Thanks for the hail up. I am here taking it easy. Fighting the 'flu this week but thankfully I am getting better. Best Wishes all!
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:16pm
Heart Happy Valentine's Day Forum Friends Heart
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
sunnyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:41pm
Hi RisKar, sorry to hear that you were a bit under the weather mi friend, just keep taking it easy.

Hope everyone had a great valentines and just waiting to top it off after the kids go to bed LOL I have some Bailey left over from Xmas, I am going to fix myself a glass, play some music and danceExclamation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 787788789790791 1919>
  Share Topic