Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 521522523524525 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
munchie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 1:50pm

Good Day All,

Well it is week 9 in Canada and we are remaining upbeat and eager. God has answered a key prayer for A_yardie and I so we know the Lord is working on our other prayers. God is good all the time!

Today is sunny but cold. As I write I am sitting by the desk with the blinds fully opened feeling the warmth of the sunshine come through...deceptive because outside is -11 degrees before windchill!!! Our little one had a fever over the weekend and according to her Grandma she is growing (apparently fevers and growth go hand in hand). Our little one however was excited for daycare this morning so I imagine the fever was the weekend blues in action....her adult parents dont make the best playfriends. Go figure! Big smile She remains a superstar at daycare with all the kids and caregivers always screaming her name and almost rejoicing when they see her. Her dad nearly had heart attack when the older boys all ran to the fence one day to tell her bye bye! Likkle Miss Popularity I tell you. She is 100% adjsuted and for that I give God thanks everyday.

Another big thing this week is the filing of taxes before the deadline so we are having that donein earnest.....and of course there is another election due in May so that is what dominates the news!

As for Champs I am jumping for purple power KC and the best girls school in the corporate are ......St Andrew High School for Girls.  Yeah!!!!
Applied - Nov 2007 | Doc Req - Nov 2008 | Med & P.O.F Req - Mar 2009 | PR Granted - Oct 2009 | Landed - Jun 2010 | Permanently residing Jan 2010 | Citizenship 201_?
NaddyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaddyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 3:52pm
Hello everyone

I checked my e-cas and as u said it was updated, thanks for responding Yeahyeah and A-Yardie
keep the faith all and be strong
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 6:09pm
welcome NaddyJ.

here's an article that came out earlier 2day for those that are getting married to Canadians;

..OTTAWA - The Harper government has quietly proposed that people coming to Canada to join their partner must stay in the relationship for two years or more before being formally granted permanent residence.

The planned regulatory move — which follows a series of town halls and online consultations — represents a federal bid to stamp out fraudulent marriages that are used to dodge immigration laws.

Under the proposal, a spouse or partner from abroad who has been in a relationship with the Canadian sponsor for two years or less would be granted only "conditional permanent residence."

The newcomer would then have to remain in a bona fide relationship with their sponsor for two years or more following arrival — or risk having their permanent residence status revoked. In turn, this could lead to their removal from Canada.

A federal notice published just before the election writ was issued Saturday says the measure would "send a message that Canada is taking a strong stance against marriage fraud, and immigration fraud in general."

It would also bring Canada's policies in line with those of other countries, such as the United States, Britain and Australia, all of which already have a form of two-year conditional status for those in new relationships, the notice says.

The director of a legal clinic that serves the Asian community says the move will hurt women in violent relationships.

"It's going to be disastrous for women who are abused," said Avvy Go of the Metro Toronto Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic.

The federal notice says that given concerns about violent relationships, "a process for allowing bona fide spouses and partners in such situations to come forward without facing enforcement action" would be developed should the new measure be put in place.

But Go says many vulnerable women simply won't report abuse by their partners.

In addition, she doesn't trust immigration officers "who are not trained to deal with domestic violence situations" to decide whether or not a woman has actually fled an abusive relationship.

The public has 30 days to comment on the federal proposal.

The government says while most relationships are believed to be legitimate, the spousal sponsorship process is open to fraud.

In some case, both parties may be using the system for immigration purposes. In others, the sponsor thinks the relationship is genuine while the sponsored partner intends on breaking up shortly after gaining permanent residence status.

The government says "firm figures" on the extent of marriage fraud are not available. However, about 16 per cent of the 46,300 immigration applications processed last year were refused for various reasons.

Many were rejected because the relationship was considered a sham, while others were refused for reasons including criminal history, security and medical issues, the government says.

Last fall, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney held town hall meetings in Vancouver, Brampton, Ont., and Montreal to discuss marriages of convenience. His department also consulted the provinces and territories.

An online consultation drew 2,342 responses from the general public and 89 from interested groups.

The federal notice says respondents "expressed considerable concern" about marriages of convenience. "Most considered the issue to be a threat to the integrity of Canada's immigration system."

As an additional measure, the government proposes to introduce a "sponsorship bar" that would prevent sponsored partners and spouses from sponsoring a new partner for five years.
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
canadianxojamaican View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianxojamaican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:27pm
HI aner777.....I am married to a jamaicain too.....can we chat and compare timelines.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianxojamaican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:35pm
Hi there Munchie.....I am very new to this site, but would like to ask you a question ....why did it take from Oct 2009 when you got your PR granted til June 2010 to you Landed....? I am married to a Jamaican and would love to talk you anyone that can answer any or all of my questions concerning the Embassy in Kingston....thx Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianxojamaican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:53pm
Smile....Hi shekool....your timeline is very close to mine ...plz respond and fill me in on any change in your process....thx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianxojamaican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 10:31pm
Hi Chicky....I live in Alberta ,my husband is in Jamaica....we miss each other so much....what is your timeline and where in Alberta will you be moving...?????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianxojamaican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 11:34pm
I applied in 2010.....first April 9, 2010 (Inland) then again cause my husband was ordered back to Jamaica in June 24 2010 (Outland)...Sponsership approved Dec 2010....March 4 2011 heard from Kingston requesting documents such as pics, kids birth cerfticates, marriage and divorce papers...dropped them off in person to the Embassy on march 18,2011......thats our timeline ....any progress in yours....????
wysiwyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wysiwyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:53am
Morning everyone...Thanks for the response Yeah Yeah and msbb97 I might have to wait till next year when I can have enough money for the program....It costs about 13000 not including living expenses....welcome canadanoxjamaican hope we all can be of some help to also whats the job situation like in Alberta?
yeahyeah View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 1:33pm
Afternoon all

Lordy lordy the night and day dem a get so hot! Jeez.

Well preparations is underway, one way ticket booked and 2 bags of papers distroyed. Next task to tackle shoes and clothes!

CanadianxoJamaican I think the forum you are looking for is actually the family class jamican forum. We applied under the Federal Skilled worker program that has undergone many changes year after year and has created a backlog hence the long time lines.

I know they are quite helpful on that forum and they can better advise you on that type of filing process.

Munchie, AYardie and Pussjuck gwaan hold tight the winter almost over even though is Spring

Wysiwyg do what is best for you, remember everything has to be worked out right and God is in control.

Love unuh ma peeps.

Elad and Kriss whappen mi cannot hear from unuh! Ford GT yuh large!

Edited by yeahyeah - 29 Mar 2011 at 1:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 521522523524525 1919>
  Share Topic