Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Putus45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Putus45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 9:56pm
Putus in the building alive and well.  God is good all the time.  I have been out of circulation but should have internet at home shortly so you should hear more from me.

I appreciate all the persons who have shouted me out.  You guys are all my friends and this is where I'm staying.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and enjoying the rest of the holidays.

Yeahyeah, Sheraig, Elad:  Thanks for the calls.

Kriss, Fordgt, Splashy:  Let's keep the faith, our change is coming soon.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays  and have lots of fun.

God is good all the time and He is an on time God.
Elad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 11:13am
Hey All,

Dnt think for one minute tht Elad has abandoned this forum...NEVER...just the people dem wuk a stress mi.

Hoping all is well and that everyone had a very merry X-Mas...Blessings and peace ma peeps

Screwface anything new to report?
Pussjuck...whappen?
Lizzy you good over there?
Let us be that change
Jagee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 11:39am
Hello forum. Hoping you all had a very good christmas. We are ok here, not too cold during the season which is good.   Lizanne welcome to Toronto, hope we can meet before you go back as i am in Toronto.  Elad big ups, Putus, Sheraig, splasshy, Yeah, Chris and all the family i do wish you the best and hope next year will be your year to come.

God Bless you all
Applied June 2009,
Landed August 2010
Lizann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 10:17am
Hello One hello all -

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas !! Im back in Jamaica land we love - the land of sweaters now  - what is with this weather ??? lovely tho.

Flew home on Christmas eve to surpise my family for Christmas so have been busy as once I got in headed straight home to help with Christmas day prep then off to church the next morning - all family around then mommys birthday was boxing day - so had church again and brunch and then Monday was rest day and Tuesday was un-packing day !

So - all being well hope to head back in afwe months to settle and get yittle man in pre-k and start the job search - as always allowing GOD to guide me !!

Get yourselves ready and your funds because when GOD says = time is now - u best be ready to move and moving is you status for 2011 !!!

Love and hugs to all will always be checking in and updating !!!!Tongue

As per usual pardon the typos - the bb is in effect lol

Lizann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 10:22am
Oh - just want to reiterate the fact - be ready -

I just logged on to CIC website for the hell of it to see if they updated my file and it says   - "Completed" - You became a Permanent Resident on Nov 30, 2010.LOLClap

So I posted this to say remember my 2006 journey - 4 years and how in one felt swoop it all changed !!
So be ready !!!Big smile

Edited by Lizann - 29 Dec 2010 at 10:23am
yeahyeah View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 11:35am

What will Canadian immigration look like?

http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2010/12/during-2011-what-will-canadian-immigration-look-like/

Over the past couple of years Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has changed several of the categories of immigration and tightened up others. As we have previously reported this has led to significant reductions in wait times for people waiting for permanent residency visas. But looking forward into 2011 what will Canadian immigration look like?
2011Canadianimmigrationplan

2011 what will Canadian immigration look like?

CIC have already announced that they aim to welcome between 240,000 and 265,000 new permanent residents during 2011 with the majority of those coming via the economic categories. So what is the government going to do to help these immigrants settle into their new country?

It is a proven fact that many immigrants earn considerably less than their Canadian-born counterparts. Indeed the thought that there are foreign qualified doctors driving cabs in Toronto is unfortunately a reality.

In 2006 CIC announced that they would be investing heavily in settlement and integration services across Canada over the coming years. This has been true and many of these services have received funding for projects such as language proficiency and job training skills. This funding will continue into 2011 to allow even more new immigrants to take advantage of these services.

Many people come to Canada with little or no language proficiency. Obviously this is a huge barrier when looking for employment and indeed living day-to-day. The CIC is working with local settlement agencies to provide free language skills training so that these people can better integrate into their new environment and secure work.

The second biggest barrier for newcomers is the recognition of their foreign credentials. It is understandable that some professions are regulated and that in order to work in Canada newcomers need to update their skills or bring them in line with Canadian qualifications. After all, an electrician moving from England will not be familiar with Canadian wiring and will need to comply with regulations in order to work.

Canada needs to make the transition for these people much clearer and easier. After all it is these very qualifications that allow them to apply for immigration in the first instance, but then once here they cannot practice their chosen profession.

Over the past year or so CIC has put into place measures to help potential immigrants and newcomers to have their credentials recognized in Canada. Details of the Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO) can be found at their website: http://www.credentials.gc.ca/. The FCRO can help with not only credential recognition but with other factors that help foreign trained people to succeed in Canada such as language skills, job searches, fact sheets etc.

Other areas that CIC are working to improve are people who use the immigration system in fraudulent ways. Two major examples are unscrupulous immigration consultants and marriage fraud.

Marriage fraud is a big problem with foreigners marrying Canadians in order to be sponsored and enter the country as permeant residents. Some Canadians and permanent residents are caught out unawares, perhaps meeting someone via travelling or on the Internet. They get into a relationship and then marry, only to find that once the new spouse is safely in Canada the marriage they thought was genuine is no more. Other people enter into this arrangement knowing exactly what they are doing and more often than not money changes hands.

CIC has recognized that this is a very big problem and is trying to put measures into place to prevent this from happening. Currently, as soon as a spousal sponsorship is granted they are given permanent residency and as long as they comply with residency requirements they can stay in Canada indefinitely, even if the marriage on which it was granted is no more. CIC is proposing a change to the rules which will include a three year waiting period before a sponsored spouse can become a permanent resident. Similar rules are in place in Australia, United Kingdom and the United States.

Unscrupulous immigration consultants are another big problem facing immigrants. The majority of immigration consultants are legitimate and ethical, but unfortunately a few bad apples spoil the pie. Some consultants have been charging fees for immigration services that they either don’t provide or they charge far too much for.

CIC will be strengthening the rules for consultants meaning that the current loopholes will be closed. They will be designating a governing body to govern immigration consultants making sure all adhere to strict guidelines.

So, CIC is making some significant changes and putting into place several measures which will hopefully benefit potential immigrants and newcomers. The system is far from perfect, but any improvements are welcomed. Hopefully these will help make 2011 a successful immigration year.
W.Diesel View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 4:23pm
Hey Forum Fam,

Hope that you all enjoyed di Crissmuss Big smile.

@Lizzann: Good to know that you were able to make it back to spend Christmas with your family.  I hope you and the fam enjoyed it immensely. 

@yeahyeah: Thanks for the information. Let's hope that the outlook is positive for all immigrants and aspiring immigrants for 2011 and beyond Star

Here is another article for you all:

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/Steady-Employment-Growth-cnw-2927440801.html?x=0

Tek it easy peeps.

Edited by W.Diesel - 29 Dec 2010 at 4:24pm
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties
Splashyy View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splashyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 8:18pm
Welcome home Lizann. Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks. I had a wonderful time. Liz mi ready so till I want it all the mOre just waiting on God's timing. In 2011 may all your dreams come true blessings and love always.

Edited by Splashyy - 30 Dec 2010 at 8:20pm
Applied Jan 11th 2007
Request for doc 0608
Request for updated doc 0509
Submitted updated docs 0609
Applied Express Entry 25.11.15
OINP interest 27.11.15
Everything in God's time.......
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 11:28am
Good morning forumites, I hope that you all had a wonderful Xmas and will have an even better new year.

I sincerely wish that the lengthy immigration process is finally completed for those that have been waiting the longest and that the "brown envelopes" start being delivered in droves.

Imagine how nice it would be to have big Thanksgiving and Xmas dinners in Canada, almost like a reunion of sorts.

For those that are already there, continue to pave the way. For those not yet there, continue to prepare. As Lizanne says, once you finally reach the last stages, time seems to speed up and you may end up being caught by surprise when you realise that you and the family are nowhere near ready.

All the best for 2011.

Likkle more...
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
W.Diesel View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 11:47am
Hey Peepz,

As the New Year dawns, may it bring you promises of new dreams to fulfil, new goals to reach and new joys to discover.

PartyHave a HAPPY and BLESSED NEW YEAR.Beer
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 1919>
  Share Topic