Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17441745174617471748 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:59pm
Hi,

Can someone explain filing taxes for immigrants? and any concerns. When generally is off season ticket prices to come to Canada for my family back in the Caribbean. Anyone presently applying for their spouse or family member to get Canadian residency?

Thks just a few questions I got.

W.Diesel View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Mr. Jamdung Mr. Jamdung wrote:

Hi All,
I am new to this forum. A friend of mine told me about it, and trust me, I am happy to see so many of us sharing our experiences and knowledge. I am finding the information very useful so far. 

I applied under FSW 2014 under NOC 0112 (HR Manager). I am currently awaiting MR having gotten PER in Jan.

I look forward to participate in the discussions and also benefit from the wealth of information being shared here. Big smile

Welcome Handshake. Gwaan stick around and continue build di ting Thumbs Up
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties
GODCHILD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODCHILD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:08pm
hey guys anyone had to do a FBI PCC from the US? How long did it take through regular mail?
NOC 1111-App filed July-11-2014, PER Nov-05-2014, KVO started process Jan-14-2015, MR Jan 16,2015, submit FBI PCC     Mar 18, 15
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by keptis keptis wrote:

Hi,

Can someone explain filing taxes for immigrants? and any concerns. When generally is off season ticket prices to come to Canada for my family back in the Caribbean. Anyone presently applying for their spouse or family member to get Canadian residency?

First time filing cant be done online.  I think you will have to link like an H&R block and (pay to) have them help you with filing by paper - it can be daunting to take it on on your own.  After youre in the system, next year you will be able to do it online with the wizards which make it easier to understand and complete.

Also, I would say the tail end of summer going into winter time is a good time to book flights into Canada.

Edited by mystik - 04 Mar 2015 at 3:18pm
FSW / Oct 2009 to Apr 2012
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by GODCHILD GODCHILD wrote:

hey guys anyone had to do a FBI PCC from the US? How long did it take through regular mail?

I think MJBlair is in the process of..
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by mystik mystik wrote:

Originally posted by keptis keptis wrote:

Hi,

First time filing cant be done online.  I think you will have to link like an H&R block and (pay to) have them help you with filing by paper - it can be daunting to take it on on your own.  After youre in the system, next year you will be able to do it online with the wizards which make it easier to understand and complete.

Also, I would say the tail end of summer going into winter time is a good time to book flights into Canada.

Actually I did my first time online. Went through to the submission part then got a message that I had to call the office to complete it which I did. The gentleman was very helpful and said the only reason it didn't go thru was because since it was my first time my name wasn't on their system yet. He told me what to do to complete it and within a minute it was done. Got the letter confirming it in the mail about a week later.
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by RisKar RisKar wrote:

Actually I did my first time online. Went through to the submission part then got a message that I had to call the office to complete it which I did. The gentleman was very helpful and said the only reason it didn't go thru was because since it was my first time my name wasn't on their system yet. He told me what to do to complete it and within a minute it was done. Got the letter confirming it in the mail about a week later.

Ahh i guess thats the caveat. The fact that you had to call. Even on the CRA site they say:

You can’t use NETFILE to file your tax return if:

• you are filing an income tax and benefit return for the first time with the CRA and the CRA does not have your complete date of birth on record;

Its therefore misleading - They should word it properly then so people know they can still do it but will just need to call as you did.

Thumbs Up

GODCHILD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODCHILD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 6:50pm

Thanks mystik

MJBlair is your FBI PCC mailed out as yet? I allowed them to mail mine through regular mail, it been a month now and im yet to receive it. by the way how long does mail from the US takes to reach Jamaica? Cry
NOC 1111-App filed July-11-2014, PER Nov-05-2014, KVO started process Jan-14-2015, MR Jan 16,2015, submit FBI PCC     Mar 18, 15
MJBlair View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJBlair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:37pm

Hey GODCHILD my husband and I have applied for FBI certificate. Do u mean FBI PCC for the US? If its applying from the US I think the process is the same.  Here is the link http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks.

You print all the paperwork ie application form, the form for the finger printing and the credit card form if necessary. The fee is US $18 not bad at all however the waiting period is 12-14 weeks Ouch. This does not include mailing the report back to you, so if you have family in the US it may be better to mail it to them.

If doing the process locally you will have to bring the fingerprint form to the same place you did your Jamaican PCC to get your fingerprints done, you will have to pay $1500 at the tax office prior to doin so.

If you are applying from the US and are a US citizen I think they have a shorter wait time if you apply using an FBI approved Channeler as stated on the website

I hope this helped.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen ...:) Walking by Faith
frenchie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:39pm
Hey Forum Family,

Congrats on the movements happening around here!!!!

Got a bit of news myself...finally got AOR (equiv of you guys PER)for my PNP application today. Hopefully things follow along the lines of the former FSW timeline now. What was the processing time for transfer to local VO and then medical for you guys?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17441745174617471748 1919>
  Share Topic