Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16611662166316641665 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msimms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by gravyflex gravyflex wrote:

So I took two days to read through this forum (from May 2014) and it feels so good following the "Jamaican" conversation. 

I have been hanging out at the canadavisa.com forums and even though everyone is very helpful alot of the information was not relevant to my Jamaican situation. 

I got a message there are lots of Jamaicans over here. I have learnt so much reading through and I love the friendliness and camaraderie. I think I will enjoy hanging out here while I wait on PER.    

welcome!!!
obryan20 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obryan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:14pm
Hello all. Hope y'all enjoying/enjoyed the weekend, because it is rushing to its end Cry.

Soooo, the first draw for Express Entry has been announced (and apparently conducted) and "it no pretty, no, it no pretty at aaalllll". I truly hope for those in EE without a job offer/provincial nomination that this is just a test run, because otherwise....

See Ministerial Instructions below. 

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (January 31, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on January 31, 2015 and ending on February 1, 2015 is 779.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on January 31, 2015 at 11:59:48 UTC, have been assigned a total of 886 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

In case you didn't get that, the lowest score for ITA from this draw is 886 and they only selected 779 people. I'm thinking this must be a test because they plan to admit approx 250k people annually from immigration and if approx 172k of that is from the economic programs, then they have to offer invitations to several thousand each month.
FSW1 NOC 1111
App: 21-May-14
Visa: 29-Oct-14
PR: 7-Jan-15

<a href="https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10955&title=jamaican-cases-questions-answers-advice" rel="nofollow">FAQ</a>
obryan20 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obryan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:15pm

So I took two days to read through this forum (from May 2014) and it feels so good following the "Jamaican" conversation. 

I have been hanging out at the canadavisa.com forums and even though everyone is very helpful alot of the information was not relevant to my Jamaican situation. 

I got a message there are lots of Jamaicans over here. I have learnt so much reading through and I love the friendliness and camaraderie. I think I will enjoy hanging out here while I wait on PER.    

Welcome! Good thing you're all caught up Smile. Ensure you check out the FAQ (see signature below) too.

Edited by obryan20 - 01 Feb 2015 at 6:54pm
FSW1 NOC 1111
App: 21-May-14
Visa: 29-Oct-14
PR: 7-Jan-15

<a href="https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10955&title=jamaican-cases-questions-answers-advice" rel="nofollow">FAQ</a>
jcanwecan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcanwecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by obryan20 obryan20 wrote:

Hello all. Hope y'all enjoying/enjoyed the weekend, because it is rushing to its end Cry.

Soooo, the first draw for Express Entry has been announced (and apparently conducted) and "it no pretty, no, it no pretty at aaalllll". I truly hope for those in EE without a job offer/provincial nomination that this is just a test run, because otherwise....

See Ministerial Instructions below. 

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (January 31, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on January 31, 2015 and ending on February 1, 2015 is 779.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on January 31, 2015 at 11:59:48 UTC, have been assigned a total of 886 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

In case you didn't get that, the lowest score for ITA from this draw is 886 and they only selected 779 people. I'm thinking this must be a test because they plan to admit approx 250k people annually from immigration and if approx 172k of that is from the economic programs, then they have to offer invitations to several thousand each month.

bwoy me seet to it sticky 
jcanwecan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcanwecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:56pm

welcome sir
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by MJBlair MJBlair wrote:

Congrats Everyone that has progressed so farr !!!!! Welcome newbies Smile

Another Update: So as per advise given to me by Godfada I sent an email to the email address he gave me, They responded a while ago.... so basically they have been waiting on my husband to send a FBI clearance certificate to them. ConfusedConfused Now this has us confused cuz neither my husband nor I have resided in the US for 6 months or more and this is what is required for a FBI certificate to be issued so we have replied stating this so we waiting to see whats next.

If I could find u right now Godfada I give u a bigHugHug cuz if it werent for u we would still be sitting here just waiting when the visa office apparently has been waiting on us.

Wow, just came back from a weekend planning retreat and saw 31 new msgs lol. Ur welcome MJ!HugWe are here for each other! Hope this gets resolved quickly. Did you tell ur lawyer whats going on?
NOC 0111: App filed-June 11 2014;CC-Sept 29 2014; PER-Oct 7 2014; KVO started process-Nov 4 2014; MR-Dec 10 2014; PPR-Jan 26 2015; PR-Feb 4 2015; Landed May 6 2015
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:45pm

Welcome Gravyflex, stick and stay!
NOC 0111: App filed-June 11 2014;CC-Sept 29 2014; PER-Oct 7 2014; KVO started process-Nov 4 2014; MR-Dec 10 2014; PPR-Jan 26 2015; PR-Feb 4 2015; Landed May 6 2015
Paris011 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paris011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Trish76 Trish76 wrote:

The realtor sent me this link Paris:  http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/ . Havent gone in depth but tells you about what to expect as a tenant. Was suggested to visit:

Had already checked the first two. I am not really sure what area up to now. I heard Mississauga is good. I hear Brampton your car insurance higher because of theft. I would love somewhere that is close to public transport and that has good schools for kids.

I am getting the same kind of feelings...scared and excited. With all the planning and researching we had done before it just seems like we never started. So all those forumites waiting for movements you better get cracking on your plans because the time goes by fast.

We not leaving right away. Hubby going first to look work then we will follow. Not really fond of separation but we think this would be the wisest thing to do as we cant have two of us not working.

Working on the furniture now. Took pics and got idea of costs today so I will be doing my list later. A friend of mine who left already sold most stuff to family and friends. Also hear about shopinja.com which we can advertise on.

Are you shipping anything? I need to get Caribbean Airlines Cargo price. Would be mainly for albums, books, documents and maybe few personal effects.

There are memories attached to so many things we took for granted before. This is really hard. Trusting God to take us through for real because alone we cant.

Heard something profound yesterday in relation to how we look at challenges using the story of David and Goliath. You can look at Goliath as being 9 feet 3 inches tall or you can look at him as being 5 feet 51 inches tall Smile. With God our challenges are not as insurmountable as we think. This too shall pass Paris.

Originally posted by Paris011 Paris011 wrote:

Lol.... Trish, I was thinking the same thing.... Forum extremely quiet these last couple of days. I guess everyone is busy planning.   I have been really busy looking for apts and working out our budget so see how we can survive in different situations. Some days I'm so excited and ready to take on the world and another time I'm scared "-----less. But The Lord is working it out for our good...this I'm sure of.

How is your planning so far? Have you decided if all of you will be landing at the same time?   I seriously have to start looking for buyers for my furniture etc.

Thanks so much Trish...... I needed that. Hug.....  Like Msimms says, the closer i get, I feel the cold feet coming on.  We are all landing at the same time in June , however, me and kids will only be doing so for one week.  Hubby will be staying in CA to job and apt hunt in the mean time..... We are not planning on quitting our jobs just yet.  The vacation leave that we have saved up will be used for a couple of months.. (Praise God for the likkle Gov. wuk. LOL
There are so many memories i have with the stuff in my home it nuh funny and i can feel the anxiety creeping in when i think of parting ways with some of them.  However, i will not be shipping anything, so i'll sell what i can and give away the rest.... mi love gi wey tuh.. LOL  mi a original salvation army... dwl. 

Trish, we have decided on Mississuaga.... and i'm thinking the PR cards may be ready by august, so hubbs will return and we will all leave at that time.  i"m trusting God to just continue to order our steps because we cant do it alone. 

I have no idea what's going to happen, but I trust God. I embrace His grace and power to boldly move forward into the blessings He has for me.
App: 30.5.14 PER: 29.09 MED: 11.12. PPR: 26.01 PR: 3.02
Paris011 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paris011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:46pm

Welcome to the fam Gravyflex Hug We are here to lend our support. Believe me, this jam fam will help get you through the months.   Stick and stay. 

I have no idea what's going to happen, but I trust God. I embrace His grace and power to boldly move forward into the blessings He has for me.
App: 30.5.14 PER: 29.09 MED: 11.12. PPR: 26.01 PR: 3.02
YamPower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YamPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:47pm
Re: the EE, I don't think we should despair. The 886 points indicates that they chose people who have a job offer with LMIA or a provincial nomination.

Fewer than 2,000 LMIA were issued last year. And the LMIA has to be for a job under NOC 0, A, or B. 

As the draws take place, I think the minimum points per draw will decrease. If you look at it, without the 600 points for PNP or JO w/ LMIA, those people's CRS scores would be 286+. That's LOW. (My CRS points with no Canadian work experience will be around 453 to 465 depending on the IELTS scores.)

So I think we need to give CIC some time it will become more equitable for new FSWP people. 

Pon top a dat, is only 779 ITAs were issued. There will be 15 to 25 draws in 2015 with an aim to bring in around 169,000 to 185,000 people (that includes spouses and children). CIC tends to go a little under the quota and I think that will be more the case this year because oil prices have fallen and Canada's economy will take a hit. 

As someone on CanadaVisa said "There just aren't enough applicants with LMIA job offers or PNP to sustain Canada's immigration if they want a steady stream of immigrants and if they want to reach the annual skilled immigrant quota they have set out."

So all in all, I think that people can be optimistic if they score over 400 in the CRS.

That said, I wish I had applied under the old system. The uncertainty is nerve-racking. 

Mi see somebody seh dem a go spend off dem proof of funds People really a tek it hard.

Edited by YamPower - 02 Feb 2015 at 12:02am
Express Entry - 465 Pts
Applied 22/04/15
Meds passed 19/05/15
Decision Made 26/08/15
PPR 09/09/15
Visa issued 23/09/15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16611662166316641665 1919>
  Share Topic