Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14101411141214131414 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by msimms msimms wrote:

thats what i was thinking....ive a question...friend of mine with loans are contemplating declaring they have no liablities, however i would be coward to lie like that...but will cic penalize u for have a car loan or student loan?
As far as I know CIC don't give a rats about what you put for assets or liabilities. They only concern that you have proof of settlement funds and for that you have to submit actual proof. Most persons put zero for liabilities and the POF amount as assets. I have never heard of a single case of rejection due to what was stated for assets or liabilities.

jamcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:23pm
Man the ticket prices to Canada expensive. Can go NYC twice pon one Canada ticket.
jamcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by whips whips wrote:

thats what i was thinking....ive a question...friend of mine with loans are contemplating declaring they have no liablities, however i would be coward to lie like that...but will cic penalize u for have a car loan or student loan?

As far as I know CIC don't give a rats about what you put for assets or liabilities. They only concern that you have proof of settlement funds and for that you have to submit actual proof. Most persons put zero for liabilities and the POF amount as assets. I have never heard of a single case of rejection due to what was stated for assets or liabilities.

I Second that, besides is not like they can call the bank to find out. Confidentiality prevents the banks from answering without ur consent
Paris011 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paris011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:35pm

I had declared my car loan and mortgage as liabilities...i think it may be more detrimental if you lie and the truth comes out later.
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Paris011 Paris011 wrote:

I had declared my car loan and mortgage as liabilities...i think it may be more detrimental if you lie and the truth comes out later.

I agree Paris. I also did this because when i sell my house i do not want to pay income tax on that amount if i dont sell it before i land. Or thats the thinking anyways.
whips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:44pm
I also included my car loan and mortgage as I thought it was the right thing to do. Just saying CIC won't reject you for not doing it. They don't really verify whatever you put. They only concern about settlement funds.
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:47pm

I also included my car loan and mortgage as I thought it was the right thing to do. Just saying CIC won't reject you for not doing it. They don't really verify whatever you put. They only concern about settlement funds.

That is also true. But as you did, its best to give a much disclosure as you can without hurting your chances.
whips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:12pm
Question for the seniors. The license thing in Ontario really have to take minimum 8 months? There's no work around?
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:07pm

Question for the seniors. The license thing in Ontario really have to take minimum 8 months? There's no work around?

Not sure what you're referring to? driver's?

FSW / Oct 2009 to Apr 2012
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:29pm

Gonna assume u mean drivers licence.  Read section on Driving:

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10955&title=jamaican-cases-questions-answers-advice

It explains what you need to do to bypass the wait times. (depends on your experience)  Persons like Islandbabe and Riskar would have had a more recent experience than I did.  They can corroborate/dispute what I've documented.

See Also: http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

Edited by mystik - 30 Oct 2014 at 11:32pm
FSW / Oct 2009 to Apr 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14101411141214131414 1919>
  Share Topic