Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11491150115111521153 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
islandbabe View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 2:24pm
SunnyD Hail, hope you are doing ok....and calmer days are ahead for you. ( Big Big Smile)
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:47pm
Hey Sunny and Babe and forum fam..

This traveller is home hugging her lil man an tiad!! Hahah
intelligente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intelligente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 4:36pm
Indeed Feb is over, time seem to be moving fast these days. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Jamaica. actually it was a anniversary vacay and again I must say "Jamaica nice bad"

Will be heading to Edmonton on Sunday (well reach Monday-overnight in the US) and I see the temperature at -23 (cowl bad)but glad for the reminder that the winter is almost over!

no where like home (sorry guys, home is still Ja for me) LOL
Godliness with contentment is great gain
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 11:48am
Safe travel intelligente. Lizzy happy you are home, lil' man soon hide your passport.Smile
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 11:54am
Back home myself....and right back into it....hands nearly froze between the shuttle bus and the car...and they were right beside each other Wacko
FSW / Oct 2009 to Apr 2012
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:20pm
You are so right Islandbabe - he just about made it clear when every comment he made on the pictures he saw of my trip had "when mommy went to ma-jaca by herself" with a side way cut eye sorta look.

Planning with my sister to head back for the summer and hopefully stay for 10 days - 2 weeks

Funny story - but true story - when I Was getting dressed to come back - my body had a physical reaction to the clothes and shoes - serious!

My feet felt like they were suffocating after being free the last few days when I put them in the boots.    I was wearing a strapless top with a black blazer and my arms felt like they were suffocating...

So I took the boots off and wore my sandals up - showing off my pretty pedi and took the blazer off and exchanged it for a light thin sweater.
Different story when I landed tho ---mercy!!

BTW has anyone noticed the difference coming through immigration now ?
I landed in TO at Pearson - visitors go to a live human being - citizens and residents go to a computer kiosk

The kiosk asks you to scan your PR card and insert your immigration/custom card - it then sucks it in and it spits out a receipt and off you go to the exit!!

Not sure when it changed as last time I travelled - 2 months ago in November it wasn't like that - then again I drove across the border to the Syracuse airport so... but has it been that way in the airport there for a while now ?

I was in and out in no time and a tad shocked....

Edited by Lizzann - 27 Feb 2014 at 2:33pm
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 3:44pm
DWL RPG...Thats right!!!LOL he might be little but smart as a whip.....no more solo trips  for mommy....So he will be spending his summer on the beach!

Lizzy your mind had the reaction and it manifested in your body! Did you see Mystik's post.......brrrrrrrr......the place still way cold. God never really built Jamaican bodies for those kinda temperatures.

The new change sounds good Lizzann but I pray it doesn't suck in someone's card and then NOT spit it back out!

Edited by islandbabe - 27 Feb 2014 at 3:45pm
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 3:49pm
FINALLLLLLLYYYYY My NHT Refund is in the bank....Lord its many weeks late but it came ON TIME!Hug
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 4:21pm
Happy for you babe!!!! Better late than never!
It only sucks in the customs/immigration card - you only scan you PR card - I personally checked twice before walking off that I had my PR card in hand! haha
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 4:29pm
Ohhhh good, bcuz as a new immigrant I would be scared to death of it taking it away!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11491150115111521153 1919>
  Share Topic