Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10461047104810491050 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maarkie2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maarkie2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 7:20pm
HI everybody...what's up? I love the cold weather. I sill using mi fan cant get cold enough!! I really don't know why you guys complaining about? When I get up and feel the cold it nuh mek mi feel no way? I actually leave out in the dark before sunrise. Cant wait for snow to fall. So how is everybody? Big up Mystik and Islandbabe !!!! Nuff respect and manners! SheKool yu cool?? LOL! Tek it easy till more time. BTW we having pot luck at work and mi a mek jerk chicken fi dem, whey mi can find a wholesale fi buy chicken? Anybody? Haffi carry the Jamaica flag high inna dem place yah yu nuh!!!
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 8:33pm
Hey Maarkie. Glad you are enjoying the cold. Soak up my portion deh yah. The Canadian residents will be better able to recommend where you can buy the chicken wholesale but what about Costco?

Intelligente, let me tell you something, the Canadian officials are trying to downplay the effect of the strike on normal operations but believe me it is affecting everything. Remember when I landed over 4 months ago it was to have been 60+ days to get the card and it was not ready in that time. When my sister called even though they didn't say it in so many words they basically implied that the strike was affecting things. It took me 74 days, if I remember correctly, to get mine so I am sure that number must be rising weekly. In fact when I didn't get mine and checked the website every week I kid you not every week the number rose some more. So if that's what wifey waiting on to come home a sorry fi yuh...lol...yuh have to do without her for a little longer. Good thing she enjoying herself over there...
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
scotchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 9:08pm
The strike is definitely affecting things. Took my mom almost 3 months to get a visitors visa from June. She never got it back until September!!
shekool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shekool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 9:17pm
Mawnin everybadddie - mi wake up

@Lizz- gweh, chue u caah lie down pan beach in Toronto cole weadda. Was 10 degrees dis mawnin but by mid afternoon was a nice sunny day in d loops.

@Maarkie - u sure yuh come fram Jamaica. Mi a listen out fi wen d real winta wedda start bus yuh shut, tandehdeh, bout yuh luv d cole.

Re d strike - me can tell hunnu say it nuh stap mash up ppl business and it will def affect the gov as well as schools depend on intl students for revenue and lots of students missed out on this semester, less revenue for schools means that the gov may have to step in and provide funding.

@islandbabe- me see how scotchy and liz a profile fi chue.

well hopefully dem will sort out demself soon so dat d gate can fly fi all hoo waiting.

Well ma peeps, gonnna get some werk done.

Bless

mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by shekool shekool wrote:

@Maarkie - u sure yuh come fram Jamaica. Mi a listen out fi wen d real winta wedda start bus yuh shut, tandehdeh, bout yuh luv d cole.

Bless

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FSW / Oct 2009 to Apr 2012
islandbabe View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:05am
Morning Fam.......Maaakie you ago be the first person mi ckeck when mi lan.........Jerk Chicken ago run.....a nuh Jamaica u come from if yuh really still have on yuh fan inna dem yah time yah!!!Shocked

I am a real hot sun Jamaican ....how can I tell???.....simple......Shekool wrote " Re d strike" and fi di life of me...all mi ah see is "red stripe"....mi ah tink yo miself....but da sentence deh nuh mek sense!!!!LOL

As everyone seh....the strike more serious dan dem letting on, even Vo's who not "officially" on strike like Kin CHC moving on so slow. The thing well messy and going on for FARRRRR too long now. Even so some VO's still ah kick... About 6 medical requests so far from our spreadsheet and one passport request.

For those who interested you can have a look see here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aovj20uHVWyzdGFqSGJUOEtVX0h5eWM0cXB5dlAtOEE#gid=0
mystik View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:49pm
FSW / Oct 2009 to Apr 2012
intelligente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intelligente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:32pm
Seem like di strike really a affect every ting..well mi just haffi wait pan dem, cwaan do nuh betta.

dem need to be honest tho!
Godliness with contentment is great gain
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:56pm
Boy Intelligente - when you look back - even as far back as July of last year - June even - you can see that something was afoot as several people had their passports held hostage for weeks even months just trying to get a visitors visa - my mothers passport was held for 6 weeks and she barely got it the evening before her flight left...

The sad part is their feeling is they don't owe us any explanations as in their minds a we a knock pon dem door even though they have charged us a fee for doing so which in my mind dictates that they do in fact owe people an explanation because they have charged a fee...

Edited by Lizzann - 24 Sep 2013 at 4:01pm
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 4:06pm
Islandbabe - I forgot to ask - did you create that spreadsheet on the new FSW intake applicants ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10461047104810491050 1919>
  Share Topic