Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13301331133213331334 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
W.Diesel View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by msimms msimms wrote:

now ive a question, my passport expires june next yr do i renew it now?, also i lived in another parish couple months, light bill started comin in my name bout november.....i left there january 2011 but light bill still in my name and i forgot to put it on my application....wat should I do? im just getting my name off it now in 2014.....should i inform them now? or when MR comes?

Originally posted by whips whips wrote:

Msimms you don't need to worry about the light bill trust me. The bill can come in your name and you don't live at the premises (Many landlords have bills in their name while a tenant occupy the premises). Besides CHC no really care so much about the different parts of Jamaica that you lived in since you will get a PCC for Jamaica. The pertinent info in that section is to list all the countries you lived in for 6 months or more and to ensure you have a matching PCC  from each such country. Now as for the passport renewal, obryan has a point. You will need to renew anyway so do it and done.

@msimms: Mi tend fi agree wid whips pon both a di question dem.
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by W.Diesel W.Diesel wrote:

Originally posted by whips whips wrote:

My sister lives in Slave Lake, Alberta and she says it's nice there. She is urging me to come that side but I don't like d name of the place rasta LOL

DWL...LAVA pon a "Slave" Lake...LOL.

LOL!

Anyways guys, still looking for the PR post :) i think i am actually getting close:)

Anyways you guys can read up in the meantime.

http://www.moneysense.ca/canadas-best-places-to-live-2014-full-ranking

http://www.moneysense.ca/property/canadas-best-places-to-live-2014-time-to-think-small

The more i read, is the more i confuseConfused. Happy to share the confusionLOL
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 11:30am
Check this out guys, free bus tour in August and December for newcomers to get to know the city every year

http://www.brampton.ca/en/city-hall/news/documents/newcomers%20to%20brampton%20invited%20to%20hop%20on%20a%20free%20city%20bus%20tour.pdf
W.Diesel View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Godfada Godfada wrote:

Anyways guys, still looking for the PR post :) i think i am actually getting close:)

Anyways you guys can read up in the meantime.

Suh far I've read of persons having family members or friends courier it to dem after it is sent to the address yuh listed. As for di legality of it mi nuh sure, cyaan find nuttin pon dat. Though mi nuh get fi duh a comprehensive check yet still.

If is a short term stay yuh can apply fi a travel document. Check di link if dis can work fi yuh http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties
Godfada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godfada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 11:53am
Thanks W.Diesel!
obryan20 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obryan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 12:53pm
From what I've been able to find, it's not that it's illegal per se, but it's not recommended. I've also read that if you mention that you'll be leaving soon when you're carrying out your landing procedure, they might not do your application for the PR card at that time but instead tell you to do it when you return.
islandbabe View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 1:35pm
here you go guys: http://www.cicnews.com/2014/10/immigrants-canada-expected-west-job-opportunities-104012.html

mimms...dont worry bout the bill at ALL...its of no consequence and trust me if they doubt anything they would contact u for clarification...u r good to go...congrats on ur PER.

Godfada....no no no dont mail ur PR card.....firstly u have to give them a canadian address to mail it to.....if dem find that in the mail they are confiscating it and you will find urself having to explain it to them, best bet is to have someone take it to jamaica for you........if you have a jamaican  visitors visa u can come back for it....but even that I dont recommend. You can apply for a travel document since u wont get ur card yet, the instructions are on the kingston CHC website, but if they ask why u need to come back....u better tell them the truth that its for the sale of ur house, car, complete school etc, not that u want to continue working in jamaica as thats a no no and will be frowned upon.

Diesel as always ur posts just have me popping up. Iwayne waah hear bout that slave lake place fi bus a new tune bout it.LOL

Edited by islandbabe - 17 Oct 2014 at 1:41pm
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 1:38pm
Kanarf....ur job not on the FSW list? I am gonna encourage u to keep you ielts up to date and look out for when the new Nova Scotia and Manitoba provincial programs reopen early next year and also try for those...thts just my 2 cents anyway.

Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 1:44pm
Oh mimms...do the medical...after u complete the meds....update the passport express takes a day and send them the first pages of the  new passport. 
Kashka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 2:32pm
Helloooo!!

I've been away for very long time. So much has happened since I last came on here.

Greetings to the senior forumites and a special hello to my 2013 comrades!! Islandbabe, yardie, scotchy et al. Missed you guys.

Welcome new forumites. I am glad to see your process is moving swiftly. 

I've been so busy tying up loose ends, work etc. Looking to land in April or so. Any tips on gear I should wear?

Hubby is down with the Chik V. My parents had it last week. I am dreading my turn after seeing the pain they went through! Yiikes! Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13301331133213331334 1919>
  Share Topic