Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 643644645646647 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NaddyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaddyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 11:19pm
how far r u in your process RisKar
Applied Sept. 2008
AOR Oct. 2008
Doc Req. Mar 2009
Doc sent July 2009
Med Req. & Updated Doc Req May 31, 2012
Meds done June 2012
PR Nov 2012
Landed Apr 2013
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 10:54am
NaddyJ, I just added my timeline to my signature slot.  As you can see me, you and Jahmacian have very similar timelines. 
The strange thing is that I put this application in on the advice of my sister who migrated on the same FSW process in 2002 and didnt care too much about it (or so I thought) until earlier this year when I heard the terrible news that CIC would be returning applications that were done prior to Feb 2008.  You should see me scrambling to check my papers to see if I fell in that group. Thankfully I didn't, but that was only because of my stubborness because my sister was in my skin to do it long before I submitted the application. I guess this is another example of nothing happening before its time. 

Now the next strange part about this thing is that now that I have reached this far and done the medicals I am really hoping and praying that I am successful because God knows I am frustrated in my job and its getting hard the way things are in Jamaica now.  Many of my friends were all set to apply in July only to have CIC close the door on them.  I guess it took that for me to realize how fortunate I was to have gotten my application in even if it has been a 51 month wait (though really I wasnt waiting all this time).  In some ways I wish I had found this forum sooner but in other ways maybe if I did it would have had me too focused on CIC and I am not sure I could have handled thinking about them everyday for 4 1/2 years like I have been doing everyday for the past 6 months...lol.

Have a great day . Anybody watching the T20 World Cup matches?
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
LadyKM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyKM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:05am
I must say I have been having some random thoughts going through this process and playing the waiting game...

So now many have us have done our medicals and are simply waiting on the call/email/mail etc. for PPR..

The randon thought is whats next, i.e.

buy suitcases/luggage
put in our resignation
buy winter stuff
close bank accounts
apply for our pension
sell car....

I mean it seems there is so much to be done even after we get this call and before we take the plane....

sunnyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:45am
LadyKM I think deciding what to take and what to leave maybe the hardest part of all.  I've read where people pack up all their appliances and furniture and ship them so as not to incur the cost of replacement when they settle up there.  I have a friend who had real problems getting decent prices  while trying to sell her stuff, it's like people wanted the stuff for free.  It was stressful for her especially since they were counting on the money from the sales to assist in their settling in.

Good Luck and let us know how it go so we can prepare ourselves for when our time comes....

LadyKM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyKM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:48am
SunnyD,

I am still waiting on my PPR... But I like to plan in advance so I can make the next move but thinking about it, its like there is so much left to be done even after you get the PPR....

What a process
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:56am
LOL. My poor mind refuses to even think that far. Its almost like I think I am jinxing myself if I should think about those things. I know however that it will not be an easy thing to do at all. 

Do any of you plan to just make the full move in one go when you get thru?  I dont think I would be able to do that. Its not as easy when you are in a regulated profession and have to sort out licensing etc.. If I should be granted that PR visa (Smile) I plan to land then return to finalize the whole resignation, pension etc process while sorting out licensing.

Weh di one Jahmacian deh? Mussi a hold yaad sale and a pack him grip dem...lol..or maybe still celebrating LOL.
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
NaddyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaddyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 12:27pm
Hello Everyone

RisKar I have the same though as you, as I think I am going to land and return home to sort out myself before leaving permanently.

LadyKim - I know the feeling, that little fear, but everything will work out, we just have to have faith and trust God

Have a great week everyone and I hope we all get some good news soon
Applied Sept. 2008
AOR Oct. 2008
Doc Req. Mar 2009
Doc sent July 2009
Med Req. & Updated Doc Req May 31, 2012
Meds done June 2012
PR Nov 2012
Landed Apr 2013
sunnyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 12:28pm
RisKar leave Jahmacian and him grip dem alone..LOL

Anyway I believe that you must have a plan in place to deal with this immigration thing, it definitely won't be easy.

Whenever we get thru, we plan that we will land and I stay with the kid and hubby come back and work till I get settled and working etc. Him can gwaan work and send the money come ah month time...LOL reverse remittances mi sey  LOLLOL
LadyKM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyKM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 12:31pm
Reverse remittances me sey SunnyD.... I like the sound of that...

But it is true we really need to have a plan so we can take the next step....

I guess thats were the landing advises come in from Lizann, Shekool, SHerSHer, Jbean and the others....

BTW Sunny if I may ask how many kids do you have? reason I am asking Im in a similar situation and have been told daycare is expensive....
sunnyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 1:04pm
I  have 1 child who is 5 and a half years so I won't be worrying about daycare if I can help it mi love...

I've also heard of the daycare fees being so high that they eat away at yuh monthly pittance, some people think it makes more financial sense for one parent to stay home so as to avoid the daycare business.
Daycare and car insurance are the shockers I've heard.

Edited by sunnyD - 24 Sep 2012 at 1:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 643644645646647 1919>
  Share Topic