Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 528529530531532 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chefincayman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefincayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 11:37am
i am interesting in doing some course in finance in canada as i am planning to swicth line . as i cnat stay in this profession all my life. any cheap option where i dont have to leave job can study part time with not much expenditiure...
another thing i want to know how long CHC kingston takes for issuing visa after receiving passports. finally i talk to my friend and decided to land in Toronto. my friend is living over there...

Thansk again to all of u gr8 guys...
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 2:17pm
chef: there are many options if u want to switch careers and get into finance. many of the finance options require a certificate for certain roles. if u are interested in becoming a financial advisor or investment advisor, there are certain courses and exams u need to do,same goes for insurance etc. them have courses up here fi stone dog, so all u need to do is pick the courses that suit you.

Some are offered online, some at colleges/university and there are some that u can study for and do the test independently. 

check this website for a few of the more popular certifications:

likkle more.

Edited by A_Yardie - 24 Apr 2011 at 2:19pm
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefincayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm
[QUOTE=A_Yardie] chef: there are many options if u want to switch careers and get into finance. many of the finance options require a certificate for certain roles. if u are interested in becoming a financial advisor or investment advisor, there are certain courses and exams u need to do,same goes for insurance etc. them have courses up here fi stone dog, so all u need to do is pick the courses that suit you.

Some are offered online, some at colleges/university and there are some that u can study for and do the test independently. 

check this website for a few of the more popular certifications:

[URL=http://www.advocis.ca/content/consumers/designations.html]]

Thanks for quick reply. i was checking and found a course called University Certificate in Financial Servicesfrom Athabaca university , thinking of doing that . what do u think will eb the propsects after doing that course. will online stuady help me to get the job there and hows the university.
Thanks again
Splashyy View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splashyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 5:45pm
hello all, HAPPY EASTER All. Quick question, do you think it makes sense to request the caips notes?
Applied Jan 11th 2007
Request for doc 0608
Request for updated doc 0509
Submitted updated docs 0609
Applied Express Entry 25.11.15
OINP interest 27.11.15
Everything in God's time.......
munchie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 5:55pm

Splashy I have no knowledge of the CAIPS notes and I am not familiar with anyone who has requested them. I researched it and picked up this as the main reason someone woud request them:

The most common reason applicant's request their CAIPS file is when they have been selected for an interview. The CAIPS file will normally have information as to why the applicant is being interviewed.

I do believe that given that they have not replied to your many emails etc it woud be beneficial to have actual updated info from CHC.

Someone else please weigh in!!!

Applied - Nov 2007 | Doc Req - Nov 2008 | Med & P.O.F Req - Mar 2009 | PR Granted - Oct 2009 | Landed - Jun 2010 | Permanently residing Jan 2010 | Citizenship 201_?
Lizann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 7:15pm
Hey Splashhy and Munchie

CAIPS notes also help to give you an idea of where your case is in the process - whether or not your meds are coming or if there is a question hold up.  It doesnt speed  your case up but gives you an idea of whats next but not when.

Splashhy if you recall I almost applied for CAIPS notes as I was befuddled at a point when my FBI report and medicals were in and I wasnt hearing anything.  I decided against it in the end as I feared it would give me info but only frustrate me and cause more questions so I prayed and asked for GODs peace.

I know how you all feel - just remember my journey and keep the faith!!  Enjoi the "in the meantime" as there is a purpose for all things when GOD is in control which HE is !!

Happy Easter!! 
Lizann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 7:32pm

I also wanted to add that I believe CHC is moving slowly with processing for now as they are awaiting the completion of the elections and also without saying it are working on fast tracking cases out of Japan - similar to what they did with Haiti.

Anyone else share teh view ?  Just a thought
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 8:13pm
Chef: if u have the time and money to do the course online, i would recommend u do so. altho it wont count as canadian experience, it could open some doors for you with employers. cheaper for them to accept your canadian credential than to take you from scratch and pay for your training.

i was told that if RBC hires and trains you for some positions, they bond you for a minimum of 2 years.

so that's something to keep in mind.

Splashhy: i dont know of anything negative happening by applying for CAIPS. what's causing u to doubt whether u shud apply or not? really, how much worse can it get? but of course, i look fwd to hearing from some of the more senior members who have more knowledge of the process with caips than i do. please give some feedback forumites...

Edited by A_Yardie - 24 Apr 2011 at 8:18pm
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefincayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by A_Yardie A_Yardie wrote:

Chef: if u have the time and money to do the course online, i would recommend u do so. altho it wont count as canadian experience, it could open some doors for you with employers. cheaper for them to accept your canadian credential than to take you from scratch and pay for your training.

i was told that if RBC hires and trains you for some positions, they bond you for a minimum of 2 years.

so that's something to keep in mind.

Splashhy: i dont know of anything negative happening by applying for CAIPS. what's causing u to doubt whether u shud apply or not? really, how much worse can it get? but of course, i look fwd to hearing from some of the more senior members who have more knowledge of the process with caips than i do. please give some feedback forumites...

Thanks for your reply, i am planning to do certificate course in financial services. i just want to know what are the prospects after doing one year course of 30 credits
and if continue for 2 more years , i can get bachelor of mangement.. i want tyo know what will eb prospects if i do them online...any suggestions are most welcome.

munchie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 10:16am
Chef I dont think anyone can best answer that for you.

Prospects exist in every industry/sector  but you will really never know how good they are  until you come to Canada and experience the situation for yourself. Finance and banking are very licensed driven ie you will be required to do many licensing exams eg IFIC, CSC etc... These licenses will give you qualification but there is no guarantee that it will land you a job. As A_yardie alluded to RBC will hire anyone for their customer service/call centre department and they encourage employees to get their licenses so that they can recruit from within. I must say I attended a RBC hiring session and it is very competitive (there were persons there with PHD's ) but the hiring manager was more inclined to take younger persons. I opted out because of the bonding issue ie you are bonded to work for 2 years with them because the first 16weeks is paid training .

The options for post secondary learning are wide and varied. When you land you shoud seek more info from the many career colleges here that are eager to work with new students.

Applied - Nov 2007 | Doc Req - Nov 2008 | Med & P.O.F Req - Mar 2009 | PR Granted - Oct 2009 | Landed - Jun 2010 | Permanently residing Jan 2010 | Citizenship 201_?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 528529530531532 1919>
  Share Topic