Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 520521522523524 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yeahyeah View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:48pm
Aaa Peee Well my dear it is all up to you. School is a good alternative to the whole FSW process. Your friend is right! MSBB did say the same thing to us as well. I think if you can afford the international fees go for it. Take it one step at a time.

Remember to get on it if you plan on starting this year.

I have decided to do that route myself and will start school in September.

All ma peeps there are so many doors out there. Explore your options.

Keptis I am so happy for you and your sister we will pray for her for a speedy process. God is good all the time!
Jahmour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahmour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 8:35pm
Congrats Keptis!!! Hope it'll work out for your sister..it's always good to have company here.

Aaapee: I agree with Yeah and Msb..they love when u go to school here...a top Immigration Officer told me "they love when you go to school here as an international student" You spend alot of money and at the end of your course you have a 93% chance of getting a job in your field.

Sher: Wat a gwaan?
shekool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shekool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 10:47pm
Aapeee, whats the worse that can happen when u apply for ur study permit????  I definitely agree with the other guys, if u can afford the tuition, I would suggest u jump on it right now as deadlines for admissions for September 2011 are fast approacing.

Apply and do ur thing, this would just mean that u r moving on to Plan B (school) while Plan A progresses (PR) sloooowwwwllllyyy.

msbb97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbb97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 11:31pm
Hey Guys, Just saying a quick hello and Yes AApee, when you go to school in Canada, they don't want you to leave so they give you all avenues to stay.

At my orientation, there was an immigration officer who said, quote - " while studying you can work on your PR and we will help you with that." Spouses can work, kids can go to school, while you are on the student permit.

If you get a student permit valid for 2 years, know for sure you can stay for 4 years as there are the various work permits you can apply for online. Once you secure a job, no worries after that.

As well, when its time to apply for citizenship, they days you spend in Canada as a student are counted towards your required days to gain citizenship as .5, so if you spend a full 2 yrs in Canada on the student permit, it would be counted as 1 yr towards your citizenship. So you can get your citizenship much faster.

And you don't have to worry about the " Canadian Experience" they always talk about as the education is seen as that.

Where the tuition is concerned, there are bursaries and scholarships you can apply for and pay the tuition per semester and not all up front.

Take advantage of all the discounts that are offered to students as well. Just my 3 cents.....
Applied - Jan 4th 2007
AOR - Jan 6th 2007
Docs Req. - March 24th 2009
Docs Submitted - May 11th 2009
Waiting .........

God Is Good!
NaddyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaddyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 5:02pm

Hello All

A little assistance please I posted a question earlier but no one replied, How do I go about changing my address at CHC, I sent them an email about 2 months ago but no reply from them do I need to visit their office. Please advise me. Enjoy your weekend

Thanks

wysiwyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wysiwyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 5:06pm
hello again don't know if yeah yeah or msbb97 could answer this one how much financial support do they require you to produce at the embassy...do they want you to show that you can pay for the entire program of study??
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:06pm
NaddyJ: U can email them informing of the change of address, they wont necessarily reply.

Try checking E-cas to verify if the address has been changed to reflect what you want it to be.

When I changed our address, it was done via email. We never had to go to the chc office to have it done.

Edited by A_Yardie - 25 Mar 2011 at 7:07pm
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
yeahyeah View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 9:00pm
Evening peeps

NaddyJ I changed my address and I submitted a letter and my ecase had the updated address. They don't usually respond to such e-mails.

wyswyg please see the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp

They require you to show at least 1 year tuition fees + Living expenses for a year ( around 10,000 CAD per year for a single person)+ Return airfare.
Remember if you have dependents , husband/ wife and kids your living expenses will be higher !

Go through the website and read all you can as it is an investment

Lata ma peeps
msbb97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbb97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 12:19am
In my case, My program is just a year, so I showed them the tuition for the year, plus 10000 for the year.

I did not have to show them the return ticket or any ticket for that matter.

As a matter of fact, I do not have a return ticket....:)
Applied - Jan 4th 2007
AOR - Jan 6th 2007
Docs Req. - March 24th 2009
Docs Submitted - May 11th 2009
Waiting .........

God Is Good!
AaaPeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaaPeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 1:36pm

Good day

Many thanks for your support and encouragements in my “plan B” decision.  Whatever decision(s) I make, it has to include my daughter as my dependent - she is attending UWI.

Link below on minor and dependent children: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica-jamaique/visas/minors-mineurs.aspx

Canada Universities – search on academic programs; select DATABASE SEARCH and select the necessary criterias.  http://www.aucc.ca/can_uni/search/index_e.html

I know it is a bit late for the fall semester therefore, I will be working for January/August 2012.   Please, I am open for suggestions, I have a M.Sc, therefore I am trying to find the appropriate course and duration.

Anyway, this week is champs Smile and I am awaiting the call to collect my season tickets LOL.  Can I hear it for CALABAR!!! LOL.  LOLLOL

Please have a productive and enjoyable week.  I am hoping and praying that you will all hear positive news from CIC soon.  BTW Canada is having an election in May….

Thanks again….

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 520521522523524 1919>
  Share Topic