Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Outland PR app has been sent in - Now What?! 5 Q's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland PR app has been sent in - Now What?! 5 Q's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therezamalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outland PR app has been sent in - Now What?! 5 Q's
    Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 3:00pm
Hello Everyone!

I am a Canadian Citizen, I am currently living in the UK with my Husband (I am sponsoring him) and we JUST FedEx'ed our FULL and completed Family Sponsorship application away to the CPC in Mississauga . I am very confident that everything is filled in correctly and it is a sound and straightforward application.

I have 5 concerns / questions and am in search of answers for:

1) I received confirmation that the box was delivered by FedEx to a signer at Reception. FANTASTIC. thanks FedEx..... NOW. here is the question... When? - and - should? we be expecting an email regarding that they have opened the box and are starting the  process?.......or are we just now in the dark space of uncertainty as to when and even if its made it to the right department/ person/deskConfused 

Do we get a tracking number/reference number to use to track once its being processed?

2) From what I hear the Outland application is quite quick ....or at least quicker than inland ...... a friend of a friend in london UK  had her husbands application  surprisingly approved in about a week's time..ShockedI know crazy fast right?.........AND another friend of mine was approved within 3 months.......now i know each case is different - however both of these people were within the last 6 months and both rooted from the UK......however when I check the latest update on the CIC.g.ca website - the Estimated time of processing for the UK with Outland UK Family Class spousal sponsorship it is stating that they are JUST getting into Applications received in March 2015.Shocked......We handed ours in in August 2015...... do you think this is a case of under promising and over delivering to brace people for possible wait times?.....

3) Thirdly.....I know that the medical / police checks that were done needed to be at least 3 months current from time of handing it in.........if they don't open the box until November these will be outdated...will this pose an issue? I don't believe so 

4) Upon him receiving his PR ....what are the expectations that follow after that (For example...."Congratulations you are a PRClap....you must enter canada at THIS particular port/airport WITHIN 3 months to collect your card/stamp / etc etc.....)....

and Finally

5) Do we get an immigration case officer upon them opening our package and processing it.....it would be nice to have a touch point/go to person.....

and light/ experience / information on any of these questions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! thank you very much in advance 

Theresa and Gerhard

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic