Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ADR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADR
    Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:53pm

I was just wondering if anyone could share with me their timelines, I seem to be waiting an extremely long time and would like to know if this is the same for others?

Interview/DENIAL - April 2009
Letter granting ADR - December - 2009
NO ADR date yet - ???
KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:11pm
Message Icon JOIN THIS THREAD....there are lots of people who are waiting and have been thru appeals and ADR;s

rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:44pm
mrjs did your sponsor fill in and return the appeal form to CIC within the set time as secified on the appeals form when you where denied PR?
If yes, when was the apeal form sent in?
No everyone qualifies for ADR. Some people proceed to then Full hearing.
It does seem unusual that after 1 year from your denial that you have not heard anything regarding having an ADR. Usualy most people will get something after 8-10 months after submitting their appeal form for an ADR.
I do not know how long it takes before someone going straight to a full hearing waits. Over 1 year might be normal.
Cant say for sure.
You should probably contact your MP at this stage and have your MP inquire as to what is going on.
mrjs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 7:11am
Yes everything was sent in on time. I didn't realize the MP's can help when you are at this stage (appealing?)
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 8:43am
It's not so much that they can help but they can make inquiries for you.
An inquiry made on your behalf from an MP regarding the status of your situtation is more likely to get things answered and perhaps even moving than if you are trying to ask the questions on your own.
Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic