Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turkey-specific questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmashy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkey-specific questions
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:48am
I have a few questions specific to Turkey (I think). Perhaps someone out there can provide some advice for my wife's application:

1) Instead of a birth certificate can an application use her national ID card (kimlik) or a passport photocopy? Does this need translation and notarisation?

2) Is a copy of our marriage certificate (aile cüzdanı) necessary or useful? Notarisation?

And one general question!

3) Do I need to include my own photos anywhere (passport-style photos, not proof of relationship photos)?

Thanks for the help!
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 1:39pm
mrsmashy;  I'm sure you've figured this all out by now but I'm so exited to find someone else who is sponsoring a turk on this site :)
1. Not sure about the birth certificate ... we sent all of his birth certificate, kimlik and copies of passport pages.  I had the birth certificate translated and notarised, but the kimlik I did not, and the passport doesn't need to be either.
2.  I sent the original marriage certificate, I had it notarised but not translated, as it is also in French.  There was also an informal translation of terms on the back, which I copied and sent to them.  I didn't send the Aile Cuzdani, but only because quite honestly, I forgot. 
3.  I didn't have to send any passport sized pics.
They have sent me notice that my package is complete (although they reserve the right to ask for additional info. if they desire)
Good luck!
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic