Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Brazilian coming to Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Brazilian coming to Canada
    Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 3:19am
I am trying to bring a friend of mine from Brazil to Canada for a visit - in the past, I had another friend try, and her visa was rejected, so I'm a bit nervous about this, and want to make sure I do it right.

The friend who was rejected - was single, had recently changed her job 2 or 3 times, did not have a rental agreement that she could show, didn't have solid proof of going to school, and didn't own a car - so it's probably not surprising she was rejected, but it still leaves me concerned.  She did however have a travel history (in the US).

The friend that I am trying to bring over this time, she is separated, but not divorced.  She has 2 children who live with her (but they wouldn't come on this visit).  She has 2 good jobs, and has had them for some time.  She also is going to school, and has a year left.  She has a house, and owns a car.  Her and I did date in the past, but are no longer dating.  She has never traveled outside of Brazil.

In the past, it was suggested to me that I should have my parents write the letter of invitation to avoid the appearance of her coming to Canada to try and marry me - but given that she's not divorced yet, and she will have the jobs, children, school, house, and car to return home to, is that a concern, or should it be fine if I write the letter of invitation?  If her divorce goes through before she gets her visa, does that change anything?

One more question - with the other friend, I got the letter of invitation notarized - should I do that again, or is that just an unnecessary delay and expense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - this gal really helped me out when I was in Brazil, and deserves a chance to come see my country!
jzade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 11:02am
Invitation letter (stating your status in CA) she will stay in your home and meals will be covered too
state some of the places tou will visit while she is there.

Title for her home or deed

Things showing strong ties to her home

Her cover letter stating her reason for visit date arriving & departing (most ppl with jobs & kid don't leave for over a mth). She state she has two kid s that she cares for, state she is separated but married, plans on what she will while there.

Provide letters from jobs (verifiable)

Itinerary ( get from a travel agcy showing dates & cost of travel)

Bank statement for 6 mths (no sudden large deposits)

School proofs =she attends

Make sure there are no mistakes on app.  every question is answered correctly & signed
Jas
Maplicito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 12:57pm
Thank you for the response.  I wasn't aware that the applicant could send a cover letter, but that makes sense.  I will google visa cover letters - but are you aware of any good examples to work from?  She doesn't speak English, but I'm assuming that since she would be applying to the Canadian Consulate in Brazil, she should be fine writing her cover letter in Portuguese?  Thanks again!
jzade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 3:32pm
I would suggest she attach a copy of English or French translation of her cover letter
since Canada requires app. in either language

She can say name is ......I am applying for a visitors visa for the purpose of tourism &
visiting my friend.......who will be my host for my duration of stay.Agg 1-1 Sept 2015

My plan so far is to see the castle in TO. see the CN tower ???????? etc and enjoy a much
needed vacation from work, the family I care for & school
Jas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic