Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINALLY: it's in the mail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FINALLY: it's in the mail
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:15am
Yep...

Checked, double-checked, singed, sealed... and almost delivered.

Application sent out this morning via Expresspost.

And the waiting begins....

WHOO HOO!

-Harmonia
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:24am
all the best...may u have good news soon :)
karenstrawber8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenstrawber8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:46am
Best wishes for your application!
Feb 11/02: App. sent
Mar 11/10: Sponsor Approved
Mar 11/10: PR docs fwd to Beijing
Apr 12/10 Beijing requires additional docs
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:56am
Good luck. Wishing you a fast and smooth processing.
Keep us updated of everything.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:57am
Congrats!

We are still hoping to submit ours by the end of April. However it may be May before all of the police certificates are available.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:28am

Thanks everyone!

We're just happy to have "The Brick" off the desk and out of the house.

Of course now I'm going to have post-application-anxiety:  wondering if everything was filled out correctly, wondering if we missed anything... etc.

For the next 2 months, I'm just going to shut all of that 'chatter' out of my head & try not to stress out about it.  It's done, and whatever happens, happens.  We'll deal with things one day at a time, and focus now on the next step:  getting her an extension on her study permit - which will hopefully be a routine thing.

Once I get info back from CIC, I'll post status updates - but I don't expect to hear anything for quite a while.

Scylla - about your police clearances...   The timing is a little scary with that (at least it was for us)  the application has to go in before the clearances expire - so if you don't have them all yet, and one is set to expire, get your application in pronto.  If you can wait, however, it might be better in the long run - because they do take time to connect missing pieces of the file - and this might cause a greater delay.  I'm sure you know that though -- enough people on here have posted the same type of thing regarding delays...

-Harmonia
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:40am
Congrats! I'm looking to submit mine in the next few day, EEP! Anyways the Best of Luck!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:14pm
Bout time
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Harmonia Harmonia wrote:

We're just happy to have "The Brick" off the desk and out of the house.
Brick.  lol- Niiiiiice.  How much did it cost to send, and how did you send it?  =D

For the next 2 months, I'm just going to shut all of that 'chatter' out of my head & try not to stress out about it.  It's done, and whatever happens, happens.  We'll deal with things one day at a time, and focus now on the next step:  getting her an extension on her study permit - which will hopefully be a routine thing.
It speeds towards it's destination with our good-wishes and prayers, Harmonia.  ^_^

Once I get info back from CIC, I'll post status updates - but I don't expect to hear anything for quite a while.
Please do!  =D

Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:02pm
RedEagle -- Ermm I *know*...  it is about time. 

Patience -- It cost me $15 Expresspost.  Should get there today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic