Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many have snow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many have snow?
    Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 11:16pm
Finally I was pleased to look out today when I woke up to see almost 20 cm of snow. (however much that is, just going by the what the radio said)
Now if we could just stop having blowing snow, I would be so much happier.

My bfs little brother asked me to go outside and play in the snow with him so obviously I said yes, so here I go out in these huge guys boots, my bfs dads snow pants and jacket, scarf type thing on my head, and gloves only to have snow rushing into my eyeballs. Ouch does that ever hurt. And the only thing my bf had to say about it was, "Welcome to Newfoundland." Lol.

Well when the wind stops blowing and the sun comes back out I am going to build snowmen, get in snowball fights, go sledding, and take pictures of it all. Not a bad start to my first Christmas in Canada. LOL

So hows winter going where you live?
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:18am
Nobody got any snow...?
INLAND!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:52am
I am in Japan...no snow here...but back home in NB they did get quite a good snowfall! Wish I could be home to enjoy it but hanging on to all my pennies (err...yen) to get home for good! Hopefully will be able to enjoy it next year!

Have fun out there, ColorMePanda...and just remember, don't eat any yellow snow!! LOL
Peachy
etoile42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 2:34am
There is a ton of snow here in the Edmonton area. Too cold to venture outside for any length of time, that's for sure!
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:26am
Originally posted by peachy871 peachy871 wrote:

I am in Japan...no snow here...but back home in NB they did get quite a good snowfall! Wish I could be home to enjoy it but hanging on to all my pennies (err...yen) to get home for good! Hopefully will be able to enjoy it next year!

Have fun out there, ColorMePanda...and just remember, don't eat any yellow snow!! LOL

Hehe I will definitely take your advice on that one. Wink And thanks, i sure hope to. Hope you are having fun as well in Japan and I believe you will definitely be home for good someday. All of us will. Until then have fun there because I have always wanted to travel there. I love their culture. So tell me, does their real Japanese food taste similar to the Japanese food we eat here? I have always wondered that.
INLAND!
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:39am
Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age in 30 years and get passport in 42 years with tears. Cry
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:24am
Hi ColorMePanda,
My husband arrived from Jamaica into Calgary Friday night, Star right smack into the middle of our snow storm complete with black ice, blowing snow, and as a welcome to canada initiation.... we got caught in a snowbank that he had to dig us out as well as push the car.

We had 15 cm's that night... then more wind and snow.... then the excitement of our son being born less than 21 hours after he landed as a PRV. Clap He's 7 weeks premature, but AJ (Andre Junior) is doing great. Big smile

Now that I'm home it's -30 out... so we're buying a winter coat, boots, mitts etc for him tomorrow. Then we're going to tackle shoveling the metre high snowdrift that has formed down our sidewalk
and initiate him as a real canadian homeowner! Tongue

"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:01am
No snow here, just cold - 20cm is about 8 inches - figure 2 inches per 5 cm
2.5cm = 1 in

Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

Finally I was pleased to look out today when I woke up to see almost 20 cm of snow. (however much that is, just going by the what the radio said)Now if we could just stop having blowing snow, I would be so much happier.My bfs little brother asked me to go outside and play in the snow with him so obviously I said yes, so here I go out in these huge guys boots, my bfs dads snow pants and jacket, scarf type thing on my head, and gloves only to have snow rushing into my eyeballs. Ouch does that ever hurt. And the only thing my bf had to say about it was, "Welcome to Newfoundland." Lol.Well when the wind stops blowing and the sun comes back out I am going to build snowmen, get in snowball fights, go sledding, and take pictures of it all. Not a bad start to my first Christmas in Canada. LOLSo hows winter going where you live?
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:46am
Got a light dusting of snow here overnight.
It probably wont stay but we did get some snow.
mingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:19am
Congrats Mrs Sam on your quickly growing family!!!!!

We got about a foot of snow and it got down belown - 33 last night., Right now with the wind chill, it is hovering around -42. Thank God I am getting out of here the end of the week to somewhere slightly warmer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic