Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring a spouse outside of Canada question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
verbalphantom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring a spouse outside of Canada question
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 4:00pm
Yeah, thats a little closer to what I was doing with the letter. Thanks loads, its a big help.
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 2:00pm
The emotional connection is important, but by itself, it's not enough.

I would show the development of the relationship, from first meeting, to getting serious about each other, to starting to combine your lives, to deciding to get married, to marriage, and describing how closely your lives are tied together.  You can see there's room in this for emotion, but also for many of the facts needed to show that you have a genuine relationship.

Include important steps in the development of your relationship.  You know what was most important to the two of you, but consider things like how you met, why you began to date or whatever you did to spend time together. Then what made you decide to be only with each other, when did it happen, and did you talk about it together.  When did you and she tell family and friends that you'd found someone special?  When did each of you meet family and friends? How close are you and she with each other's family and friends?  How much time have you spent together, and what plans did you have to make to spend time together?  Etc.  Show that the relationship has deepened, and that a strong commitment to each other has grown between you.  Facts plus emotions.  
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 12:43pm
Yeah, so what your saying is entirely leave the emotional aspect out of the letter. Just looking for tips here because I am not good at this type of thing, and to be honest, the government doesn't speak my language. My wife no doubt understands them better than I do lol. It wouldn't of been entirely emotional the way you described though. "oh were so in love". Would have been more a span of time of occurances and developing emotions. A little confused on this. Evidence is no issue too, we already have almost all of it compiled.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 12:23pm
'Chessy' stuff is not important, what is important is proving the relationship is genuine. You need to prove more than a relationship of 'oh but we are so in love' it needs to be based more on proving that the relationship is a joint relationship, with evidence of corespondence and combining of affairs.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 12:07pm
Should I write a letter to describe our relationship? If so, any tips on it would be nice, because its kind of personal. lol I will be saying really cheesy stuff...........lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic