Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The other, less quick question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote am4n_kang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The other, less quick question
    Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:36pm
Good Evening friendly folks,

My situation is rather long & complex so feel free to get comfortable! OKFirstly, a bit about me - I'm a 22 year old UK citizen (London) who recently graduated with a 1st class BSc (Hons) in Computing with Business Management and I'm currently doing an MSc in International Management at Kings College London. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Clearly this puts my plans to move to Canada on the back burner for at least 9 months - ample time, I hope, to work out how to move forward with this. I have a number of options available in order to gain residence in Toronto ON but my priority is obviously to get work and independence.

Co-incidentally, my long term girlfriend has held permanent residence status in Canada since before I met (a cruel co-incidence IMHO). Unfortunately, she'll be leaving me at some point in order to fulfil her time obligations so she can become a proud Canadian citizen. Obviously I'd like to go with her but I'm not sure if it is feasible. Frown

On the other hand I have a number of relatives living as Canadian citizen (an uncle, aunt, 2 cousins and various nieces & nephews). The combination of these are more than able & happy to sponsor me but I have no idea where or how to begin! I've done my research, however I'm certainly out of my depth here. September 2010 I leave KCL with an MSc, but I also want the opportunity to apply my fresh skills and experience in Toronto. Please help! Think

Thank You
Mr Aman S Kang
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
All the rules, regulations and options are available here:

www.cic.gc.ca

Please check the above website, and enlighten yourself....

UK is a rich G8 country, why are you not seeing a future for yourself in UK?
am4n_kang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote am4n_kang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:52pm
Just trying to establish where my skills would provide the most benefit and the brightest future. Admittedly the UK has it's share of opportunities, but it has plenty of flaws to encourage the current flow of migration (generally to Canada and the USA from what I'm seeing).

Plus the long term girlfriend is moving to Canada and, since I'm a gentleman, I'm obliged to follow her to the ends of the Earth Cry. Looking through this list I can only really identify 0213 as having any relevance to my education (though no experience in it as yet).

I think sponsorship by my Toronto-based Uncle & Aunt may be the only option Ouch.
Mr Aman S Kang
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:59pm
Hi!

I am afraid to disappoint you, but the truth is that there is no immigration program in Canada that will allow your Canadian uncle or aunt to sponsor you for your CAN PR status.  On the other hand, your common-law/conjugal partner or spouse, who is Canadian citizen or CAN PR - provided it's a case and she is eligible, can sponsor you for your Canadian PR.

You can also try to find a Canadian employer who will offer you a job and validate this offer vs. HRSDC.

Hope it helps. Good luck!Smile 

Edited by Immigration Expert - 09 Dec 2009 at 10:05pm
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
am4n_kang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote am4n_kang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:01am
Thank you for your help and useful advice. If only I was born a few years earlier so I'd be well on my way by now! I supposed everyone has to start somewhere and since I'm only 22 and hoping to pass my MSc next year I'm optimistic about opportunities in Canada. I'll let my girlfriend know it's about time she put a ring on it...LOL
Mr Aman S Kang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic