Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to prove our income to sponsor our parents?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to prove our income to sponsor our parents?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancouver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to prove our income to sponsor our parents?
    Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 5:40pm
Hi all, hope you have a good day.
My husband and I would like to sponsor my parents to Canada, we are co-signors. Our 2009 income is just above the cut-off standard, but what I concern is that some of our income sources were from verbal agreement with cheque payment. In another words, I got and finished projects from a private company (it's not steady, the project is not always available), and then they paid me a sum of money in cheque with their company letter head on the cheque. My question here is that can I include this source of income in our application?
Many thanks in advance.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 7:07pm
If you will be declairing it to the Revenue service, there should be no reason why you can not declair it to CIC.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 7:33pm
You will need to file taxes as a proprietor or small unincorporated business operator.  This can be done on the standard tax forms, but you have to produce a statement of income and expenses for your business activities.  As long as you declare the income and pay your taxes, it certainly counts! (If you declare it and don't pay the taxes, it will show on your Option C and you may be rejected as a sponsor.)
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic