Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GOOD NEWS for all LONG HAUL cases!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOOD NEWS for all LONG HAUL cases!!!
    Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:35pm
CIC has promised all the cases will be cleared by March 2016. Only 10 months away! Hang in there guys!!!

I am sure you will get what you deserve. I hope most of you will get your oath by October so you all can vote!

Edited by ski - 06 Jun 2015 at 2:28pm
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 8:43am
This news is bad news for those hoping to get an application off before the new law takes effect . . . anyone not qualified in time to sign the application and ship it to arrive in Sydney by Wednesday, June 10, will have to wait and qualify based on 1460 days actual presence. For some this will mean waiting another year. For others, the additional wait could approach two years.

By the week after next, the number of new applications arriving at CIC will decline to barely more than a trickle and it will stay slow for nearly a year . . . which should give CIC plenty of time to focus on the backlog. So the promise may indeed be genuine. Not sure if that would be a first for CIC under Harper or not, but it is hard to recall any by Kenney or Alexander that I would call genuine.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
bjones View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Harrikon Harrikon wrote:

CIC has promised all the cases will be cleared by March 2016. Only 10 months away! Hang in there guys!!!

I am sure you will get what you deserve. I hope most of you will get your oath by October so you all can vote!

I hope this is true. But, it looks like the March 2016 target to clear backlogs does not apply to non-routine applications; see the footnote in this graphic.

Edited by ski - 06 Jun 2015 at 2:28pm
Harrikon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by bjones bjones wrote:

Originally posted by Harrikon Harrikon wrote:

I hope this is true. But, it looks like the March 2016 target to clear backlogs does not apply to non-routine applications; see the footnote in this graphic.

Even then CIC is making great progress. Last November CIC said they have already cleared over 50% of the non-routine cases. There have been numerous people leaving this forum in the last few months who had RQ (anecdotal evidence of course). But still, CIC is making progress. CIC does not want to promise anything yet, but the time to process an RQ has fallen considerably. 

In the future, we will see less RQ's being issued and more "Additional documents" forms issued instead. These forms are processed quite fast. 

Believe me, I am not a fan of the current government, but the improvement in citizenship (and immigration) application processing time is to be commended. 

Edited by Harrikon - 06 Jun 2015 at 6:34pm
Applied: June 2012
Processing: December 2012
RQ and Test: December 2013
(Reason for RQ: unknown)
Oath: May 2015
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic