Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PR Card Expire/In Process Citizenship Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Card Expire/In Process Citizenship Application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Card Expire/In Process Citizenship Application
    Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:30pm
I've replied to your post in other thread....check
eeman78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:48am
hi
my name is Rabia Intsar and im mailing u from paksitan ...i nedeed information about my status of PR card ....ive got a PR card which is valid uptill 2011...but i visited canada twice ..once three years back for a period of 2 months n now once previous year in the month of novemner... i came back from canada after staying there for 2 months ...now thye say that my date of xpiry when i could re enter canada xpired on 15th of march... one of my cuz told me who lives in canada ....but the PR card is valid uptil 2011.....i dont know about the new rules but he says now u cannot enter canada either u shuld have completed a three months period there before november 15th.....i was terribly sick due to medical reasons i had to come back and could not re enter for the same reasons ...is there any possibilty that on medical grounds they accept my mediacal certificates and allow me to re enter canada afetr the due dates have passed will they accept this case and my application please help your guidance needed
waiting for ur urgent reply
Rabia Intsar
e mail [email protected]
Rabia Intsar
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:45pm
Guys,

My daughter, 15 yrs old, holding pr card overstayed out of canada for reasons beyond her control , however she returned on June 20 , 2008 to reestablish pr in canada and has been here since then . Her pr card expired last september . I applied for her PR card renewal last august , and subsequently her application was transferred to  cic calgary last december , and we are yet to hear from them , e cas shows  in process and says calgary office may contact us . She is without PR card now

Her citizenship application is being processed together with mine as a family application, and our citizenship file was transferred to calgary on April 30 .

What can i do in order to make sure she gets her PR card ? Would highly appreciate your valuable advice on this

thanks
shaz
shaz
App Rec'd July 17/09; Started Processing Mar 18/10; Transferred to Calgary Apr 30/10;Test-waiting; Oath- waiting;
Donvalley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donvalley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:48am
1. You need a valid PR card to re-enter Canada. For this you have to renew your PR Card, but you can do this only if you are in Canada. If you can visit Canada for a month or two, you can still renew it by coming back couple of days before expiry and apply immediately. Also attach a cover letter. If PR expired, you need to get a travel permit from CHC New Delhi. Contact them.

2. You can check the status of Citizenship application online using client id (check pr card). You can do this from India too, but you have to be here for the test and oath. Second option is to check online and when you receive test date come and stay in Canada until you complete the process. You will get around June/July for test and another two months for oath. This is possible if you get test before expiry of PR. Once you get the Passport you can go ans stay as long as you want.

Sent-May 22|E-cas "Rcvd": Nov 16|
In Process: Jan 29 2010
|Transf:Mar 08|
Test:30 Aug Oath: 16 Sep
PRCardExpire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRCardExpire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:49pm

Hello

Sorry if this has been posted before but I haven't the time to check. Here is my question

I am Permanent Resident and came to Canada in June 2006, and stay here till Dec. 2009 didn’t go out of country during that time. Applied for citizenship in July 2009, but I have no information for my citizenship application as I am not in Canada, because Jan 2010 I came back to India for some family problem and will have to stay here for Dec 2010 or may be next year too and my problem is my PR card is going to expire in Aug 2010 so i have two questions :-

1.    what should I have to do now to get new PR Card.

2.    what should I have to do with my in processes application for citizenship.

Thanks for your time and help in advance

Edited by PRCardExpire - 08 Apr 2010 at 3:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic