Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I migrate to Canada after completing studies?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I migrate to Canada after completing studies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmc86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I migrate to Canada after completing studies?
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 7:46pm
I would like study in Canada. After I finish my studies in Canada could I apply to migrate to Canada to become a citizen? 

-How long do I need to study to qualify to migrate to Canada? 1/2/3 years? Certificate Diploma or Degree program?

-How long does the path to citizenship take?

Thank you for your time, I really hope someone can help me with these questions. 
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:27pm
Hello, 
You have to go to the university , so 3 years, (the best way), when you finish you first year you can apply for the permanent resident,
The path to permanent resident will take in average 1 year and 8 month ( but it's not always like this, could be faster or longer. 
But permanent resident (PR)  is not your citizenship, after you receive your PR you have to live in Canada 1095 days, and after you can apply for the citizenship.
cmc86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmc86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:55am
Thanks for your reply Emily, much appreciated.

So a 1 year certificate/diploma program does not qualify me to seek a PR status, only a degree program works? 

So as a PR id have to wait 3 years to become a Citizen of Canada. 

Does a PR have the same rights/benefits as a citizen? Could I exit and re-enter Canada as a PR or during my studies in Canada for vacation purposes?
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 5:43pm
So a 1 year certificate/diploma program does not qualify me to seek a PR status, only a degree program works? 

I'm really not sure, sorry..

Does a PR have the same rights/benefits as a citizen? Could I exit and re-enter Canada as a PR or during my studies in Canada for vacation purposes?

PR it's almost like a citizen, you can work, you can have good discounts while you go study somewhere, you have free health care. 

At first, with study permit you can re-enter Canada, it's like multi visa, but when you will start you immigration process, you can't leave (I'm waiting for the PR now)

If you live you can start from the beginning outside the Canada.

I hope I helped =)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic