Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsorship by my wife necessary?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsorship by my wife necessary?
    Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:51pm
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have written to the Canadian embassy of Vienna, Austria but haven't gotten a very helpful response, so I'll try here. My apologies in advance for this long novel.

I am a German citizen, female, 30 years old, currently living and working in Germany. On September 28th of 2014 I got married to my girlfriend - now wife in Vancouver, Canada. She is a Canadian citizen. We have been a couple for many years before we decided to get married.

From September 2012 to June 2013 I have stayed in Canada with her through a Work and Travel Visa, but had to leave early because my mother got diagnosed with lung cancer, so I had to go back to Germany to be with my family. My mother passed away in February of this year, so now my wife and I are debating what to do next.

I would possibly like to go back to Canada permanently to live with my wife and also work there. I am currently working at the office of a big global company that has plants all over the world. A manager at the American plant knows about my dilemma with my spouse and has offered me to work for her from wherever I want through a home office, so also from Vancouver.

So finally my questions: Is it possible to go to Vancouver, be with my wife and work for the mentioned company even though I would technically be employed by an American employer? Can I just move to Canada or do we still have to apply for sponsorship even though I would already have a job? If so, how long does it usually take from my wife applying to sponsor me until I can enter Canada and start working right away? I wouldn't want to be unemployed when I'm in Canada. Also I would possibly have to travel to America in order to get trained for my new job. Am I allowed to exit and re-enter Canada during this time?

Again, sorry for this long text, but there was just no shorter way to describe my situation.

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

1to1 Immigration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1to1 Immigration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:48pm
Yes, you would need your wife's sponsorship. Since you need to travel to America for training, you should apply for the spousal sponsorship outside Canada. It's a 2-stage application process. The entire process should take about 6 months if you submit a complete application. You can still travel to Canada while the application is being processed.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic