Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

unsure what's best

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g3ary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unsure what's best
    Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:08am
I'm currently in the British military seeking to immigrate to Canada Alberta. My wife is Canadian born and we have a Daughter born in Canada, my wife soon to be my ex-wife is currently back in full time study for nursing so not sure if she can sponsor me? I also have an offer of employment if I am able to get a work visa. I'm just unsure what's the best route to start? Any help would be Greatly appreciated. My skill level is within the heavy/goods area/Logistics.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 1:41pm
Hi

Originally posted by g3ary g3ary wrote:

I'm currently in the British military seeking to immigrate to Canada Alberta. My wife is Canadian born and we have a Daughter born in Canada, my wife soon to be my ex-wife is currently back in full time study for nursing so not sure if she can sponsor me? I also have an offer of employment if I am able to get a work visa. I'm just unsure what's the best route to start? Any help would be Greatly appreciated. My skill level is within the heavy/goods area/Logistics.

1. No, she can't sponsor you if you are separated and in the process of divorce.
2. You require (most likely) a Labour Market Impact Assessment) from EDSC. The employer must apply for it, after advertising the position for 4 weeks on the Job Bank and 2 other sources, and then demonstrate to ESDC that there were no PRs/Citizens available/qualified for the position and it costs them $1000 to apply.
3. You could apply under Express Entry, but you have to experience in a skilled occupation. See if you qualify here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
PMM
g3ary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g3ary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:51pm
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to this post, the offer of employment is from my cousin who currently runs a buisness in banff (beautiful place) I may go through LMIA route if it's my best option. But may qualify through skilled worker as a Transport Manager. But I'm guessing whatever route I start I will have to stick too as see it out.
    Me & my ex aren't on bad terms but it's my responsibility to be there for my Daughter. Moving to Canada will be the start of this.

Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:14pm
she can't sponsor you for sure
The best way is to find a good lawyer and see what options you can use

maybe professional immigration

Have you already started you divorce process?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic