Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overstayed for 9months/ Applying for new visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overstayed for 9months/ Applying for new visa
    Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 8:29pm
Hi. I'm a sponsored student from Saudi Arabia . I went to Canada in April 2012 to study English( had financial letter covering my English and master degree studies). I had study permit and student visa valid until July 2013. I was accepted in a university for masters' to start in January 2014 , and wanted to extend my study permit as well as student visa with my new acceptance letter after it was approved by the ministry of education in my country.Unfortunately,  the Saudi ministry did not approve the major I was accepted to. So, I applied to extend my study permit and visa with acceptance letter from English school , but had some issues with missing documents, it was never processed and I didn't receive letter regarding my application.I ended up overstaying in Canada until April 2014. I attended three English schools during  that period, and was applying to universities , interviewing with professors hoping to get accepted as soon as possible. Three months ago, I  received  an acceptance letter from university in Winnipeg to start in September 2015 ,and would like to apply for student visa again. Will my overstaying in Canada prevent me from receiving my visa? will I be flagged or banned from entering Canada?It has been a year since I left Canada and went back to my country

I finally received my acceptance letter after a long time after so many hardships and really hope this wont prevent me from studying ..this is my last chance to continue my studies..

Anyone went through the same situation? or anyone have idea or suggestion of what would be best to way to deal with it? I'm planning to write a letter explaining my situation as well as the acceptance letter that I have received late 2013, the application number to CIC  and my English certificates 

Thank you very much for you answers in advance I really appreciate it 

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 6:22pm

HI

Originally posted by sara555 sara555 wrote:

Hi. I'm a sponsored student from Saudi Arabia . I went to Canada in April 2012 to study English( had financial letter covering my English and master degree studies). I had study permit and student visa valid until July 2013. I was accepted in a university for masters' to start in January 2014 , and wanted to extend my study permit as well as student visa with my new acceptance letter after it was approved by the ministry of education in my country.Unfortunately,  the Saudi ministry did not approve the major I was accepted to. So, I applied to extend my study permit and visa with acceptance letter from English school , but had some issues with missing documents, it was never processed and I didn't receive letter regarding my application.I ended up overstaying in Canada until April 2014. I attended three English schools during  that period, and was applying to universities , interviewing with professors hoping to get accepted as soon as possible. Three months ago, I  received  an acceptance letter from university in Winnipeg to start in September 2015 ,and would like to apply for student visa again. Will my overstaying in Canada prevent me from receiving my visa? will I be flagged or banned from entering Canada?It has been a year since I left Canada and went back to my country

I finally received my acceptance letter after a long time after so many hardships and really hope this wont prevent me from studying ..this is my last chance to continue my studies..

Anyone went through the same situation? or anyone have idea or suggestion of what would be best to way to deal with it? I'm planning to write a letter explaining my situation as well as the acceptance letter that I have received late 2013, the application number to CIC  and my English certificates 

Thank you very much for you answers in advance I really appreciate it 

I honestly don't think that you will be issued another study permit with your overstay and attending school without permission.
PMM
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:28pm
if you break  the law anyhow, it's impossible to apply for anything, because you were illegal. My advice is to go to the good lawyer and see what you can do. But what I know for sure that the Canadian government is pretty strict, and there is no chance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic