Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents Sponsorship - Immigration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents Sponsorship - Immigration
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:40pm
Hello All,

I have applied for my mother's sponsorship application back in Aug 2009. I know it will take some time before CIC-Miss looks into it but my real question is about the questions/further information at the time of approval.

When I filed the case I sent my Option C document which was above the LICO (financial requirements). Now do I have to maintain the income till my mother gets approved? Will they ask for newer Option C document or will they ask again for one recent one.

Please provide your opinion.

Tahir
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:45pm
Yes - you have to maintain your income and continue to meet LICO while the application is in progress.

Yes - they may at some point ask for updated proof (i.e. a newer Option C document) to show that you still meet the LICO requirements.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
1khan.tahir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 11:27am
Any one who got to send the updated info at a later stage?
dipak1669 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipak1669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:03pm
yes you have to maintain your imcome. one of my friend's file recently rejected because of same problem.
his file was approved in miss and send to Delhi and medical was also done but at time of issuing visa they check for income.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:26pm
thanks for the post, but my question is
If I am applying in 2009 - My income was fine
2010 - my income was less
2011- my income was ok
2012- my income was ok.

Mississauga Stage - Can they check for the last four / three years..

Then in Visa Office. They take another 2 years. So will they check for all five years or Only last 2 years or 12 months.

Please respond.

Tahir

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:34pm
Any one who faced this or is same boat, please post your comments.
dipak1669 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipak1669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:25pm
im my case i submitted file in Oct 2006 to miss. (income calculated based on last 12 month and no option C submitted with application)

i received letter from CIC in Feb 2009 asking for option C print out for only 2006. since my income was more than LICO during processing, i sent option C for 2006, 2007 and T4 slips for 2008 and Mar 2009 file was approved.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:37pm
hmm, thats interesting.
and during the processing outside of Canada, did the Visa office asked for any financial proof?

Edited by 1khan.tahir - 09 Apr 2010 at 4:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:55pm
Any one with his/her comments?
rajmalhotra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajmalhotra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 4:33pm
Hi Tahir,

You will be maintaining income from the time you applied in Mississauga to the time of visa issuance. That means, you will have to maintain income for all 5 years as you mentioned in your example.

Moreover, for example, you were single when you applied for your mother's sponsorship so you maintained income for 2 people (yourself and your mother) and applied for sponsorship accordingly. Now you get married, say sept. 2010, you will have to maintain income for 3 people from sept. 2009 to sept. 2010 OR 12 months preceeding the date of applying for sponsorship for your wife. I am not sure on the exact 12 month period calculation, whether it is from marriage date or date of applying sponsorship for spouse.

If you DO NOT maintain income for 3 people, CIC will decline your sponsorship for your mother. Also, CIC will approve your sponsorship for your spouse because there is no min. income requirement to sponsor a spouse.

If you maintain income for 3 people, and after your wife is landed in Canada on PR and is working. I am not sure if you can add your wife as a co-signer in your sponsorship for your mother that you applied before marriage.

The same is true if you have a kid in 2012, for example. 12 months preceeding the date of the child's birth, you will have to maintain income for 4 people. If not, mother's sponsorship is declined.

This is best to my knowledge, however I am not an expert. You would want to double check all the above information.

Anybody.... any thoughts...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic