Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR expired in 2011!! How to renew it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR expired in 2011!! How to renew it?
    Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 8:35am
I was married in Canada and had PR for Canada.

After my divorce in 2009 in Canada, I came back to India and in 2011 my PR expired!

At present I m married and have 1 child! We want to shift to Canada? Can my PR be renewed OR I have to apply fresh? Kindly help!

Thanks
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 1:50pm
Hi

Originally posted by ASDF ASDF wrote:

I was married in Canada and had PR for Canada.

After my divorce in 2009 in Canada, I came back to India and in 2011 my PR expired!

At present I m married and have 1 child! We want to shift to Canada? Can my PR be renewed OR I have to apply fresh? Kindly help!

Thanks

1. You would have to apply for a TD (Travel Document) and it most likely be refused as you haven't met your Residency Obligations. At that point you would have 30 days to appeal the decision to the Immigration Appeal Division. If you don't appeal or lose the appeal, then you are no longer a PR and would have to re-apply if you qualify.
PMM
ASDF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 5:06am
Where I have to file for appeal to Immigration Appeal Division? In India OR Canada?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
Hi

Originally posted by ASDF ASDF wrote:

Where I have to file for appeal to <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Immigration Appeal Division? In India OR Canada?</span>

1. Canada
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic