Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tell your love story. Post here.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tell your love story. Post here.
    Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:01am
How did you know you were in love?

I just think this will get some interesting replies. I like to "aww" at cute love stories. Smile

I knew there was a chance at love when I could never get my mind off of him and every chance I would talk about nothing but him to the point my friends and family got sick of hearing his name. Lol.
Well, what can I say? When you are so internally happy you want the world to know. And my day was never complete if I didn't see his face or hear his voice. I would get sad if neither happened. Once we talked on the phone for 12 hrs. Lol. And of course we fell asleep plenty of nights too. Sometimes I could hear him snoring...hehe...and knew I wanted nothing more than to lay next to him and be in his arms. It was the most unreal feeling when we hugged for the first time. I remember when he first saw me at the airport he was going down an escalator and I was waiting at the bottom. As soon as he saw me he dropped all his bags he had with him right then and there. It ended up blocking the way of people. Lol. While we were hugging and old woman was like "excuse me sir, you may want to move your bags out of the way." We just giggled and were like "oops."

Anyway, so now is your turn.
Put immigration aside for a while and just brag about your loved ones. You know you want to. Wink
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:47pm

thank you ColorMePanda, for your words: Put immigration aside for a while…I forget to do that sometimes.  i have heard myself saying to my wife that immigration is not what our relationship is all about, it is just the conversation that has taken over our lives.  

a year ago my biggest concern was to look at maps and decide what road to ride my motorcycle on.   a year ago i did not feel the glow in my heart of having someone like this to love in my life.  a year ago I found this wonderful sensation that somewhere a tiny hearts beats with love for me, in this last year my entire life has doubled in joy having met my Shugui.

love is an action word. love is a verb, it is something that you do, it is not an object, it cannot be given, or withheld, or lost.

like swimming, or walking, or shopping, or traveling, it requires an active participant, it is something one must do to enjoy. one must swim to enjoy the benefit of swimming, there is small pleasure in talking about swimming or thinking about swimming... you cannot give or receive swimming... you cannot give me a walk or take one from me, but like walking or swimming, once one learns to love, it becomes portable, a skill you can enjoy on a moments notice, instantly and always available... you can do it anywhere...and once you have discovered the wonderful secret... once you give yourself permission to love again you also suddenly find you have the ability to love again... the mass of love does not require proximity,  single handedly, from half a world away, one person has made my whole world a better place, a world where love is possible.

that is the essence of the secret, like success and happiness, love becomes accidentally, almost unavoidably, stumbled upon along ones path.

thinking of this has reminded me of my first best friend i ever had. we were 5 years old together, his name was Bobby Fletcher, he was Italian, at least his parents were.  

i remember one particular afternoon playing in my grandmothers driveway beside her house in the city of Toronto Ontario. we were digging with shovels, i remember the day, it was warm, i forget how or why i knew but i knew the world was round like a ball and at that time i held the mistaken opinion that china was directly the opposite side of the globe to me. we had just started playing with the two shovels because they were there, but as we started digging i began to tell the story of how china was on the bottom of the globe and if we dug a hole far enough we would actually come out in china. as we continued to dig and as we discussed the situation we talked about how under the world then people would be upside down even tho they were standing up... and bobby kept asking if we would be hanging upside down holding on to the ground with our feet sticking up in the air if we went there through the tunnel. the more i thought about it the more scary and disturbing the situation looked, and i shared each fear with my best friend as we continued to dig. i do not remember when it turned from playing with shovels to actually digging a hole to china but i wasn't paying attention to bobby when i started explaining that if we crawled head first then we would be facing the right way when we came out of the tunnel... bobby wanted to know how we could stick to the bottom of the ball... how did i know we wouldn't just fall off the world...and to be honest, i didn't know and couldn't even think it through properly... we were only 5. to make a complicated scene simple, i was surprised when bobby threw his shovel down and refused to dig anymore, then he ran home instead of playing...just as i was becoming most excited and enthusiastic about the project... this was before i even knew what a project was...and i knew i couldn't dig the tunnel without him and i didn't even want to... it was a confused and scary and painful event and i am afraid i came to include it in my definition of friendships... yes, i will say if asked, friendships 'will' contain those moments... a good friendship should have all the elements of any relationship.... they will experience everything together after all.

i have not seen my friend bobby for over 15 years, i still consider us lifetime friends.

it occurs to me that i headed for china over 50 years ago....i’m still glad that we landed in the upright position.

Shugui and I  were married last January in China and due to immigration and the difficulty…

opps,  sorry, I’ll start over…

i have been aligning my emanations with a glowing being on the other side of the world.  We were chatting one night in e-mails, as modern lovers seem to do, and I told her the story of my first best friend.  She then told me a similar story, she remembers a shovel and a hole… only she remembers thinking she would come out in china, because as far as she new then, china seemed like the whole world to her.

there was a moment at the Beijing airport when i first cleared customs and was walking towards the crowd of people waiting.  i had planned to recognize Shugui instantly, had i not poured over her pics and even completed a painting of her...we were going to run into each others arms...i had it all imagined...

i nervously approached a little group of people, the driver, the interpreter, and this other girl standing there...i looked at them all and sensed they were as nervous as me, we spoke and i talked english with the interpreter, i look at the person talking, it is just the way i am, but my attention was to the girl standing off to the side...i looked around and Shugui was holding back, nervous as a kitten, i knew her best at that moment by looking into my own heart... i knew instantly how she was feeling because i found the same feeling in myself... but as i looked, i noticed...many things...many things...i looked back at the interpreter...and heard myself say...is this the girl i came to meet...is this Shugui? ...

needless to say we do not always look like what we look like in our photographs.

the interpreter calls me aside and says... there are other younger and prettier girls who would like to meet you, would you like to meet with some of them while you enjoy your visit to china...

maybe it was the look of horror on my face... she then tried to explain...at the agency I had received many admirer e-mails that I had never replied to, she knew that some of those girls wanted to meet me, … some of the men like to meet several girls and then make their decision...i should never have heard her say these thing but then she says… there are many younger and prettier girls…

i heard myself trying to explain that i had not come to china to find the youngest or the prettiest girl, i had come to find the girl that loved me the most... i had come to china to meet with my new best friend...

and was that the girl over there because she didn't look anything like her picture.

there was the time when we had gone for our marriage pics, we walked into the little shop, had the polaroid done, then watched as the girl fixed the pic in photoshop.  gone are the age spots on my forehead, wrinkles around the eyes, poof, that scar hole from the hugest pimple i ever had between my eyes, taken care of...wrinkles, lines, poof poof!

it was amazing to watch as the years and the battle signs peeled off, they had the same photoshop as i have at home on my computer...there you go she said in chinese... then it was off to the registry office to have our marriage licences completed with our new photos...

it was that moment that explained everything about pictures to me.

a couple of people asked me why i wanted a chinese girl...

i told them, i had not set out for a chinese girl, i had not wanted a chinese girl, per say…

they would get all flustered and blustery...well, you just married a chinese girl so you had better want one...

thing was i registered at the site, the first mail i opened i liked the picture, then i really liked the letter... then i found myself enjoying the writing... and the replies...

i;ve already explained about the photo... we are all a few years older than our photos... but one night i asked her about that first letter...

she doesn't remember the things she said, i hardly remember my first letter either, but she denies saying some of those things, .. i guess the interpretters  send the first mails to get things going... its common practice, these girls do not ordinarily approach men and they seldom begin anything... so the agency represents them...in the chinese way...

this might not all sound like bragging, but I am struck about how I fell in love with the girl behind the profile, it is difficult to explain how I loved her even before I got a chance to meet her, yes I had fallen in… something.. with a glamour photo and yes, my attention had been grabbed by the words of an interpreter… ( I am still busy convincing myself it was the pretty girl I was writing to not the fat sweaty guy who worked there…)
i shudder to tell my story... i liked the first letter and i loved the picture...
i really do love this girl, it just feels good to be with her.  I only wish I could be.

I wrote my boss at work the whole story and in her reply she said something like...

that girl must be hardly able to believe what just happened, like winning the lottery, a true cinderella story...

it struck me as true, we will seem like rich people to her
but i like my boss’s  take,
her slant led a new light to my story, in her slant...

i am the handsome prince...in my own fairy tale !!!

Edited by sven - 05 Dec 2009 at 11:06pm
Ravenesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:46pm
I met him online. I couldn't say no to his sales pitch, LOL.

"(Here's the sales job)...What have you got to lose. I'm REALLY a nice guy, not too bad on the eyes, fairly intelligent...I MIGHT just be better than the local guys. If you find fault with me in the next 30 days, simply return me to the place of purchase for a complete refund. You can't beat THAT deal."
-----------------------------------------
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Dec-29-2009 - Sponsor Apprvl
Jan-14-2010 - AOR Buffalo
Feb-05-2010 - File to Seattle
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:55pm
And so, years later, your warranty ran out unchallenged. Luck for you both :-)
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:15am
Thanks sven for writing such a touching story. I truly felt all that you had wrote. I wish you all the happiness in the world for you and your wife. :)

And Ravenesque that sounds adorable. Did he really say that? I bet you are glad such a deal came your way. Lol.
INLAND!
reena103 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reena103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:33pm
Wonderful Idea Colormepanda, this is very cute and nice to be distracted by happy stories rather than despressing immigration all the time. 

When I was watching Family Guy with my husband (boyfriend at the time) after he had cooked us dinner (which was great, cuz he's an awesome cook!)  we were both sitting there, laughing at the same things, which others may not find funny.  I have always been known to be the weird sense of humour gal amongst all my friends and family - so, when I realized, "this guy is as weird as me!"  I also realized that I was in love with this weird man.... lol.  So, now we're two weird people, in love with each other and missing the fact that we can't watch Family Guy together right now.... but, I still watch it every night, cuz that was our tradition together.... unfortunately he doesn't get it on tv in Haiti, but I did send him the last season on DVD.... :P
reena103 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reena103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:36pm
Oh and the first time I met my husband in the school library.... I thought he was weird too, cuz he kept staring at me and I just thought to myself,"this guy is weird and scary, he keeps looking at me!"  But, I think I figured out that he was just checking me out.... hehehee....
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:48pm
Haha aww that is too cute. Big smile
And thank you. I am so glad you liked my idea.

My bf and I watch Family Guy together too. I just realized that me and him share the same sense of humor too. Haha I guess we got lucky. I am a weird gal too. *high five*
INLAND!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic