Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Credential Evaluation in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkadder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Credential Evaluation in Canada
    Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:19am
Hi all,

Shucks guys, am I happy to see that the forum exists. I was trying to post a question on the old one...and seriously thought it had been shutdown.  I've got a question here and I'd really be grateful if I could get as much perspective as possible.

My wife is to come to Canada (as a PR) in Oct. However, before that I'd like to lay the ground for her by finding a course for her to enroll in, prior to posting her resume online. She has about 6 yrs work experience ranging from a call center rep to 2 yrs as senior branch manager for Reliance Life Insurance. She wants to work here as soon as possible but I suggested doing a course or a bridging course to start with. My questions are as follows;
1. Will her work experience come on handy here? She doesn't want to carry on in insurance but something related to sales.
2. I wanted her to do a degree here but it seems she has to write the GMAT for that and since this path would take alot of time (family planning and all)...we're thinking about going against it. She wants to do a course in customer retainment and anything related. Do you know of colleges / universities offering this or courses related to this? I'm in the networking field here in Toronto and have absolutely no idea where to look and whom to ask. Even suggesting career counselors would be a big help.
3. I was also thinking of having her credentials (B.COM) evaluated but is this really worth the money and time? How will it come in handy? To me this is just a huge money making racket...
4. If credential evaluation is worth it, then could you help me decide between WES and CES?

Any suggestions guys? Much appreciated...
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 2:41pm
she wud need GMAT if she wants to do her MBA. If she has a BCOM and I am assuming from India then she wont be able to do her masters because universities require 16yrs of formal education and BCom in India is only for 3 yrs which makes it 15 yrs of formal education. There are a lot of community colleges offering diplomas in various fields for eg senecca college, humber college, geroge brown, etc..just google.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic