Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Credential Evaluation in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkadder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:00am
I came here in 2006 as a student. A month before finishing college in 2007, I got a very good job with an IT company. Last year in about July I applied for immigration and I'm almost done....I just have to submit my police clearance and get my passport stamped. My wife and I applied together so she'll get her PR when I get mine which will hopefully be in a month or two.

At the moment, getting into Canada is your first priority. Once you're in....you'll get accustomed to various options available here and then making a decision or changing your path will be much easier.

The job market is low at the moment, so studying is something that is viable at the moment. However, I do understand that getting a job after you finish studying is of prime importance. Study very very hard, be not amongst the top best...but be the best. This is what I did, and I got a job.

Which college are you going to be studying in and where are you living? I studied in George Brown College, living in Toronto.

tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:02am

my husband is in Markham. he is working with TD bank as a software developer. I got my PR 3 weeks ago but because of my job commitments i will be going end of next month. Well i am lawyer with masters...have international work exp in singapore and India but now it sucks because i have to start from scratch in canada. I got my credentials evaluated so need to give exams and all so its a long long way for me.... :) not scared of hard work....getting a job is not a problem..there r various options so to sustain i will definitely get some or the other job..now whether its a job which is to my liking is the question :)

nina.roy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nina.roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 6:07am
Originally posted by tanushree.tiku tanushree.tiku wrote:

my husband is in Markham........ I got my credentials evaluated so need to give exams and all so its a long long way for me.... :) .....now whether its a job which is to my liking is the question :)

Hi Tanushree... I've been a silent reader of this topic.... I'm a Systems Administor in the UK and have been working in IT for 5+ years in London now. I recently got my PR too and am looking to Land in Toronto in April 2011.

In your post above, you mentioned that you got your crendentials evaluated and so need to give exams, what exams and why? Could you please elaborate?

I am thinking of getting my BCA degree from India and Masters from UK evaluated as well but not sure if its worth doing as i'm into IT.... just curious what exam you are having to give after evaluation.

Cheers,
Nina.
Nationality: Indian
There is always light at the end of the tunnel
charan22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charan22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 7:00am
Hello Nina,
             I am 2004 applicant at NewDelhi.I would appreciate if you could give me constructive feedback regarding the Canadian credential assessment & evaluation while we are in our Native country.

Please elaborate, as I had already completed the Chemical Engineering Degree attestation & Authentication from India as such: HRD attestation,Ministry of External affairs and Apostille sticker.

Do you apply thru' any Canadian agents for Canadian education equivalency?.

What is the procedure for the same?.

Other than Nina,anybody can throw some lights on the same.

Please revert me.

Regards,

Charan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic