Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ discussions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636637638639640 705>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sajidawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:21am

Dear Friend

Thank you for signing the Citizenship delay ePetition.

Citizenship and Immigration delays have gotten longer and longer. I am receiving complaints in my office on a daily basis. We have raised the issue in the House of Commons with questions of the Harper Government and in public forums.

Liberals call on Kenney to cut wait times for citizen applications

To date we have been getting the same rhetoric and absolutely no action. It is time that we hold Kenney accountable and demand that citizenship applications do not take 4-5 years to be completed.

Please ask your family, relatives and friends to sign the petition. Click here

Regards,

Hon. Jim Karygiannis Liberal
Scarborough-Agincourt
Tel: (416) 321 2788
fax: (647) 723 0287
www.jimkarygiannis.net
sa
peter95 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by sajidawan sajidawan wrote:

Dear Friend

Thank you for signing the Citizenship delay ePetition.

Citizenship and Immigration delays have gotten longer and longer. I am receiving complaints in my office on a daily basis. We have raised the issue in the House of Commons with questions of the Harper Government and in public forums.

Liberals call on Kenney to cut wait times for citizen applications

To date we have been getting the same rhetoric and absolutely no action. It is time that we hold Kenney accountable and demand that citizenship applications do not take 4-5 years to be completed.

Please ask your family, relatives and friends to sign the petition. Click here

Regards,

Hon. Jim Karygiannis Liberal
Scarborough-Agincourt
Tel: (416) 321 2788
fax: (647) 723 0287
www.jimkarygiannis.net

twocats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:01pm
I've just signed the petition. For those who are going to sign and would like to know what is going on at St-Clair office where CIC buried all RQs from  the GTA - please add this as a comment:

"Please request and make public any information you can retrieve about so called "Pilot Project" being currently implemented by St-Clair CIC Operation Office in Toronto, where other offices refer all Residence Questionnaires ("residency cases" )for analysis. The project started earlier this year and no information about it is available for public."

Edited by twocats - 19 Jun 2013 at 12:02pm
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by tosty6579 tosty6579 wrote:

I have many travels out of Canada but they were outside 4 years period, do I need to provide the details and documents from the time I became PR or just last 4 years in the application?

From arrival date, in fact it says it in RQ form in "Absences from Canada" section.
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:16pm
Hey Twocats,

Good point!!!!to add in the petition.

But does anybody know what is this Pilot project???

That means all of us whose RQ files are transferred there are the scape goats for a new project. R we Trial & error customers!!!?

twocats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:31pm
Well, all we know so far is that this project is being implemented - some people here who requested their GCMS files reported having the note which reads: "File transferred to St-Cliar office (Pilot Project)" My impression is that the project is all about redistribution of tasks between offices - St-Clair does all the RQs and other offices actually process the applications: conduct  interviews, tests and ceremonies.  My "local" CIC office by postal code is St-Clair, but Sydney sent my file to Scarborough, where I also submitted my RQ and then it landed at St-Clair two months later.

At this point St-Clair is a black hole for all RQs from the GTA - something is for sure going on there, but nothing has come out of it yet. With my limited knowledge of data management projects in government offices I can assume that it took them few months just to set up the system and decide how to organize the workflow. I don't think they are fully operational at this moment, the question is whether or not we will see any outcomes in the foreseeable future. Guessing again, but I believe that the final product of this project supposed to be a file with an RQ reviewed and file analysis template filled in, being transferred back where it came from for processing (whatever the next step of the process is).

Edited by twocats - 19 Jun 2013 at 1:48pm
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:36pm
Nobody has any friends or relatives working in that office who could throw some light on this project?

May be some Go train/bus, subway train friends working in downtown???   Any people working in downtown ? please explore !!!
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:42pm
People probably will start picketing St. Clair soon.

What exactly are they doing there for the last 13 months? No RQ's are resolved and no indication of any activity from there!
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:20pm

I got the RQ before test.
I would like to know what to do next. there are many pages in this thread and many more on the internet but....is there a cheatsheet document regarding what to do once you get the RQ ?

I do not understand or I am confused about requesting information .which one should I select to get my own information....Right to information act or Privacy act.

Which departments/ agencies....CBSA/cic/usa border services/health deptt

Please guide...I am really confused and trying to get information about what to do next....I think one of you should make one page cheat sheet....will be helpful for many....or if there is already one...please provide the link....Thanks a lot

The post by EasyRider is a good outline regarding documentation to include in response to RQ.

Foremost, read the instructions and apply them as best you can to your situation. Note, for example, if you read the instructions (including in particular the individual item requests) you will see that the answer (to your later question: "do I need to provide the details and documents from the time I became PR or just last 4 years in the application?") varies some, mostly though yes, information and documentation is requested for many items from date of arrival to the present. That said, while you should definitely be as complete as possible for the whole range of information requested (again, for most it is from arrival to present), as to documents to submit the focus really should be on the relevant four years. Exception: travel documents; for the travel documents, all travel documents in any way related to the whole range of time should be submitted.

CRA Notices of Assessment

Another exception, which leads to what I think is a big omission in the list provided by EasyRider, and that is your CRA Notices of Assessment. The importance of submitting CRA Notices of Assessment is second only to the travel documents, and for sure this should be for all years in which you report being resident in Canada, to present.

While these are not essential, like the travel documents (even when there is a legitimate reason travel documents cannot be submitted, the failure to submit them is problematic), the CRA NoA documents are probably the most important supporting documents the applicant can submit evidencing years the applicant has been resident-in-Canada.

How much of the rest the applicant should submit in response to a pre-test RQ depends on many things, ranging from individual background and circumstances to how solid the primary documents are showing activity (work/school/other) and place of actual residence (occupant status for residential addresses). If all travel documents are submitted, CRA NoA for each year, plus some additional proof of employment (T4s or alternatives), and direct documentation of ownership or lease of premises identified as residential address, and there is no reason to think there is a problem otherwise (no discrepancies in reported travel dates for example), an applicant could reasonably go light on submitting other documentation. Any weakness in these, go heavier on alternative, less direct sorts of documentation.

There is a topic here specifically about responding to the RQ where these things are discussed in more depth.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
tosty6579 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tosty6579 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

I got the RQ before test.
I would like to know what to do next. there are many pages in this thread and many more on the internet but....is there a cheatsheet document regarding what to do once you get the RQ ?

I do not understand or I am confused about requesting information .which one should I select to get my own information....Right to information act or Privacy act.

Which departments/ agencies....CBSA/cic/usa border services/health deptt

Please guide...I am really confused and trying to get information about what to do next....I think one of you should make one page cheat sheet....will be helpful for many....or if there is already one...please provide the link....Thanks a lot

The post by EasyRider is a good outline regarding documentation to include in response to RQ.

Foremost, read the instructions and apply them as best you can to your situation. Note, for example, if you read the instructions (including in particular the individual item requests) you will see that the answer (to your later question: "do I need to provide the details and documents from the time I became PR or just last 4 years in the application?") varies some, mostly though yes, information and documentation is requested for many items from date of arrival to the present. That said, while you should definitely be as complete as possible for the whole range of information requested (again, for most it is from arrival to present), as to documents to submit the focus really should be on the relevant four years. Exception: travel documents; for the travel documents, all travel documents in any way related to the whole range of time should be submitted.

CRA Notices of Assessment

Another exception, which leads to what I think is a big omission in the list provided by EasyRider, and that is your CRA Notices of Assessment. The importance of submitting CRA Notices of Assessment is second only to the travel documents, and for sure this should be for all years in which you report being resident in Canada, to present.

While these are not essential, like the travel documents (even when there is a legitimate reason travel documents cannot be submitted, the failure to submit them is problematic), the CRA NoA documents are probably the most important supporting documents the applicant can submit evidencing years the applicant has been resident-in-Canada.

How much of the rest the applicant should submit in response to a pre-test RQ depends on many things, ranging from individual background and circumstances to how solid the primary documents are showing activity (work/school/other) and place of actual residence (occupant status for residential addresses). If all travel documents are submitted, CRA NoA for each year, plus some additional proof of employment (T4s or alternatives), and direct documentation of ownership or lease of premises identified as residential address, and there is no reason to think there is a problem otherwise (no discrepancies in reported travel dates for example), an applicant could reasonably go light on submitting other documentation. Any weakness in these, go heavier on alternative, less direct sorts of documentation.

There is a topic here specifically about responding to the RQ where these things are discussed in more depth.

Very good response. thanks.

Ok lets develop this as incident response...what should be done on day one...day two...first week...in a month...We have many people here who have so much knowledge..I will need your help.

Day one:
Calm down, you are not the only one. there are many many like you...don't worry...Have a beer and relax !

Day two:
Apply to the CBSA and other agencis <<<<I need help here from you guys....which agency, the link, letter or application form, which form or copy of letter...there are many links for forms/application forms...which one???>>>>>>>>

First week:
gather documents
List <<<I am writing the list...will be updated>>>>

Comments/suggestions are welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636637638639640 705>
  Share Topic